Looking for a New Board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2014, 11:56 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Looking for a New Board

Hey guys, I'm new here as is made obvious by my post count. Currently I'm riding a Burton Canyon 168, circa 2005. When I first got it I rode pretty hard, but the last few years it has been one big trip our west and a few runs at the local mountains. This year my wife really started getting the hang of it and I find myself riding more and more. The only complaint I have had about the Canyon was turning tight on some more difficult glades.

For reference I'm 6'3" and currently weigh about 220 lbs. A year ago I was 240 and I'm hoping to drop another 10-20 in the next year. That being said I'm looking for something a little shorter, probably no less than 160 at the least.

Typically I ride all mountain, and will probably take the Canyon with, on a trip, for powder days as it rides like a dream on fresh runs. I don't mind the occasional rail or jump, but I don't hang around the park if I can help it.

I'm probably going to demo a Custom X and something with a flying V since our local mountain has Burton Demos. Any one have any other recommendations?
TheDipsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2014, 11:49 PM   #2 (permalink)

After some searching around, I guess I'm better off sticking with a camber board, or something that leans towards camber like the C3. I was looking into the Lib Brando by Lando and Burton's Sherlock.

Now I'm leaning towards the Lib Tech Darker, GNU Billy Goat, or just sticking with a tried and true camber like the Custom X.

Any thoughts on those choices?
Old 03-12-2014, 09:29 AM   #3 (permalink)

Custom X, Neversummer RIpsaw, or the Lib-tech Dark series would be good picks, more of that aggressive groomer riding made for stability. The ripsaw is my favorite of the 3, if you get a chance, jump on it.
Rdysetshred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 12:38 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdysetshred View Post
Custom X, Neversummer RIpsaw, or the Lib-tech Dark series would be good picks, more of that aggressive groomer riding made for stability. The ripsaw is my favorite of the 3, if you get a chance, jump on it.
Unless I find a really good deal at the end of the season I will definitely be keeping the NS RipSaw in mind.