Bataleon Goliath or Evil Twin - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2014, 07:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Bataleon Goliath or Evil Twin

I just met up with some friends at Big Bear and ended up selling my Fun.Kink to someone who can't get a board where they live without extreme difficulty. I really loved that board, but I think I will replace it with something more stiff and all-mountain oriented... and get rid of my NS SL. I already have a softer park board.

I guess I ride a fair amount of switch, but didn't find any difficulty doing so on the Fun.Kink, so I'm sure the Goliath will handle that just fine. What I'm looking for is to hear from someone who's ridden both on which one feels better edge to edge (twin vs. all mountain TBT on a stiffer board) and flex wise.

Any comments welcome, pretty stoked on next year's lineup... Don't think I can go wrong with either.
stan_darsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2014, 01:16 PM   #2 (permalink)

gonna bump this - anyone have experience with the two? which did you like better, and why?
stan_darsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 02:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I like the et better, the reason is i like mellow tbt more. That's really all there is to it for me
cav0011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 07:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I agree, switch is relatively easy on TBT...I couldn't even do it on standard camber (or maybe I just didn't want to try because I hate slamming).

I rode the ET last season and it was too stiff for me. If you can swing it, I recommend the GW instead...it's only slightly less stiff, but with significantly increased carbon pop. The GW is just a higher performance board all around.

As far as the TBT types, Goliath's freestyle TBT may have more glide simply due to there being less base touching snow than ET's twin TBT...but, other than that, I can't feel a significant difference in the TBT types (they're all good)
extra0 is offline   Reply With Quote