Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Affordable All-Mountain Boardercross Boards? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/134153-affordable-all-mountain-boardercross-boards.html)

burtonboardr 03-13-2014 02:21 AM

Affordable All-Mountain Boardercross Boards?

I am looking to buy a new board for next season. I like to do occasional Boardercross races for fun, but I am still a beginner as far as BX goes. I believe that the "pure bx" boards would be too expensive and also limit me to just racing. I was hoping to find an all-mountain board that is good for boardercross as well (good at carving/jumps) and maybe under $500? I am not sure what a realistic price range would be exactly. If anybody has any recommendations for brands or specific boards I would really appreciate it, thanks.

linvillegorge 03-13-2014 02:37 AM

I think you can get that done for under $500, especially with the current late season sales.

Just to throw out a few suggestions in no particular order:

Yes - Pick Your Line
Arbor - A Frame
Never Summer - Raptor
Jones - Flagship
Burton - Custom X
Rossignol - Krypto

Those are just a few to get you started, by no means a comprehensive list. All of those I mentioned you should be able to find at or below $500 currently.

supham 03-13-2014 01:12 PM

GNU - Carbon Credit. Great all mountain inexpensive board.

linvillegorge 03-13-2014 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supham (Post 1610553)
GNU - Carbon Credit. Great all mountain inexpensive board.

for boardercross? :icon_scratch:

supham 03-13-2014 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linvillegorge (Post 1610561)
for boardercross? :icon_scratch:

occasional Boardercross -- beginner

LuckyRVA 03-13-2014 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supham (Post 1610585)
occasional Boardercross -- beginner

Says he's new to BX not to riding. A flexy twin would very low on my list of boards to ride BX on.

SnowDogWax 03-13-2014 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linvillegorge (Post 1609777)
I think you can get that done for under $500, especially with the current late season sales.

Just to throw out a few suggestions in no particular order:

Yes - Pick Your Line
Arbor - A Frame
Never Summer - Raptor
Jones - Flagship
Burton - Custom X
Rossignol - Krypto

Those are just a few to get you started, by no means a comprehensive list. All of those I mentioned you should be able to find at or below $500 currently.

Agree with linvillegorge list: ++
Rossignol - OneMagtek
LibTech - Darker Series

burtonboardr 03-14-2014 11:13 PM

I like the shape of the Arbor A Frame board. I am guessing that would make it better for boardercross, but would it still be fine for all-mountain?

And yes I am new to BX, but not new to snowboarding.

And I guess I should also mention that I want a board with regular camber that is great for carving.

burtonboardr 03-14-2014 11:52 PM

I think I am leaning toward the A Frame

yudayevmaxim 04-08-2015 04:17 PM

Hi there,

Are you still looking for a BX board? I've got a professional boardercross board for you. SG Force Pro Team 160. Let me know if you are interested. And it might be just the price of your budget.