Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Need a Complete Setup (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/1343-need-complete-setup.html)

GibsonLP 10-18-2007 01:01 AM

Need a Complete Setup

Hey guys. A lot of my friends are gonna be snowboarding this season and I wanna join em but I dont have any gear or anything. I was wonderin if you guys could recommend some equipment for me to get thats not to pricey but also good quality.

110 lbs. 5'5" (yes im tiny lol)
Not sure of boot size. I wear size 8 shoes
I want a Freestyle board
Age 16
And I live in Utah

So I'm looking for suggestions on a board, bindings, boots, goggles, and some clothing (like jacket, pants, gloves etc.).

thanks

boarderaholic 10-18-2007 07:21 AM

Rent before you buy...I don't care how crappy rentals are, try before you buy. Just because your friends enjoy the sport, doesn't mean you will.

lisevolution 10-18-2007 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boarderaholic
Rent before you buy...I don't care how crappy rentals are, try before you buy. Just because your friends enjoy the sport, doesn't mean you will.

What she said!

GibsonLP 10-18-2007 06:28 PM

Oh I have been snowboarding for about 2 years and I've just rented every time. Guess I shouldve mentioned that

mike1two 10-18-2007 06:32 PM

what is your budget exactly?

GibsonLP 10-18-2007 06:43 PM

Around 500-650 bucks

boarderaholic 10-18-2007 07:21 PM

Get the boots first. That part is going to eat up the biggest chunk of your budget.

st.stark 10-18-2007 07:36 PM

For that I would go to a store and try on some stuff but I wouldn't spend really more than $200 on boots so I could buy a nice board and some decent bindings...That's just my oppinion though. For me I just spent $470 on a setup (with tax and shipping) with $130 for boots, $200 for a board, and $120 for bindings. IMO spend your real money on boots 1st, board 2nd, and bindings 3rd, but leave at least $100 for bindings. Hope this helps some!

GibsonLP 10-18-2007 11:59 PM

Ok. So do any of you guys have some recommendations on what brands I should get and stuff? For my price range.

Jwilliam 10-19-2007 02:50 AM

head down to your local board/sporting good shop, try some boots on, find some sweet ones, then worry about bindings, then board. if you've been riding for a couple years pick a board size and shape you're comfy with already, and otherwise make sure you're feet are comfy.

as for brands I have no idea, I've only ridden Lamars, and I like mine, and this year is the first year I'll be riding strap in bindings since like 1999, so I'm about as clueless about that stuff as you. But I think it's REALLY important to make sure your feet are comfy and well taken care of, before worrying about boards.

what my girl and I are doing is just trying out a gang of shit, then asking hella questions and looking up reviews to see if it sucks or not.