Bataleon Whatever 2014 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2014, 10:59 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Bataleon Whatever 2014

Want to try something other than Burton for the 2014/2015 season. (Round of applause please lol jk). Thinking of trying out the Whatever. Whats the triple base tech like? How well does it ride? Is the extruded base fast? Being a guy who has only ever ridden sintered bases will I notice a significant loss of speed? Also what are inserts like compared to the Burton Channel? Noticeable difference?

Any info is appreciated. Many cheers.
Caffeine is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2014, 05:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

Nobody ride bataleon boards?
Old 03-14-2014, 05:49 PM   #3 (permalink)

I recently (10 days ago) demoed an Evil Twin and a Disaster.

The Evil Twin was too stiff for me so it was a no-go right from the start; I didn't ride it very long.

The Disaster was awesome. Completely catch-free, which was awesome for landing spins and just messing around. I had a bit of trouble launching spins on it tho, because the edge isn't immediately available. I don't know if that's true for all TBT's or only for the Disaster, which is a jib-specific board, or if I just didn't give it enough time. Still, it put a big smile on my face the whole time I was on it.
Booo! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 05:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I tested it 2 years ago. Loved the tech. Very fun board, very responsive.
Burton Driver-X
K2-Cinch-CTX
Subaru WRX 06
KIRKRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 06:50 PM   #5 (permalink)

i rode a fun.kink most of this season, which is just about the same board except one flex rating softer than the whatever. i could do anything on that board... moguls, steeps, trees, jumps, etc... and it could totally handle a lot of speed with no issues. i just sold it to a friend who can't get boards very easily in his country, after he had ridden it for a day, he was soooo excited. i didn't get into park until the last week or two, and it kept me entertained on the mountain, natural jumps and side hits all season.

i was looking at the goliath for next year to replace both my fun.kink and NS SL, as the whatever is very close to what i already had. we'll see.

to answer your ?s:

what's tbt like?
it's amazing. the edge to edge on tbt is so smooth and catch free, but you can still load up the camber for ollies/nollies and that kind of stuff. i like it much better than traditional or reverse camber, or any of the hybrids. carves and skidded turns just seem to roll into each other, and it's a very natural feeling ride.

how well does it ride?
my fun.kink was pretty much the same board, only a slight bit softer, and it's the best board i have been on all winter. i like it way better than any of the other brands/profiles that i have tried. i'm not out there demoing 100's of boards, but i've definitely made it a point this year to try every style of board to see what i like most. aside from traditional camber, tbt is the way.

is the extruded base fast?
yes. it's faster than a lot of the freshly waxed sintered bases i've tried, even after a week of neglect. it takes a beating too.
stan_darsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 05:51 PM   #6 (permalink)

Had a look at the whatever today and can get it for a super good price. However, should I get a 154 or 156? I am 5'11 165 pounds..I ride a 154 right now but am unsure if I should go 2cm longer
Old 03-17-2014, 02:04 PM   #7 (permalink)

i'm about your stats and my fun.kink was a 154. if you're in the park more, get a 154, if you're all mountain more, get a 156. my 154 did fine all mountain, but a bit more edge would not have hurt me.
stan_darsh is offline   Reply With Quote