Best Versatile Snowboard (Mountain and Park) 2014 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2014, 12:54 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Best Versatile Snowboard (Mountain and Park) 2014

Hey guys, new member with a first post here. I've been snowboarding for 2 seasons now and I am getting pretty good. I occasionally go and hit jumps and some rails but mostly we tear it up through the trees hitting the nice jumps.

I am looking for the best snowboard for mountain riding and some park. Sadly I can not afford a whole quiver right now but I can pay up to $400 for a board. If you want to recommend a board over $400 go ahead, just please explain why it is worth that. Thanks whoever replies, I have until next season to look but I kinda wanna know what to get when the time comes this summer.
Tearing It Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2014, 01:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Get good used gear and spend all that you saved on riding it have fun!
Burton Driver-X
K2-Cinch-CTX
Subaru WRX 06
KIRKRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 01:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

A ton of boards could fit the bill here. Do you at least know what camber profile you'd prefer? Traditional camber, reverse camber, hybrid camber? At least then you could get some decent suggestions. Half the boards on the market could potentially be a good fit for what you're looking to do.
Old 03-14-2014, 01:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRKRIDER View Post
Get good used gear and spend all that you saved on riding it have fun!
This is the right time of year to be buying though. You can buy new gear for used prices. The Clymb has some pretty ridiculous deals right now. Tons of Yes boards on there. You can get an extra 20% off today too.

Not what this guy is looking for, but if it wouldn't likely lead to my divorce, I'd pull the trigger on that 161 Yes Pick Your Line. My wife would absolutely flip her shit if I spent anymore money on riding this year though.

I've already bought a new board, bindings, and boots this year. Oh wait, I forgot about the new jacket and two pairs of pants.
Old 03-14-2014, 01:39 PM   #5 (permalink)

I already have a board with bindings and boots. An older GNU my uncle gave me, and new Burton Missions with Burton Jet boots. Hate them because they always loosen up when going down the hill and I have a large heel lift in them.

I just want a board around 159 which is the size I have. I am about 5' 10" and 150 lbs. I don't know what exactly to look for in the board as in camber, etc...

I like the GNU Billy Goat also I like some Lib Techs. I'm really open to any suggestions as long as you can buy me on why they are the best.

Lastly all I need to buy this upcoming season is a new board, and boots as I already have a season pass for next year.
Old 03-14-2014, 01:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Buy boots first. No piece of equipment is more important.

If you don't really even know what camber profile you'd prefer, recommending a board for you is just a total shot in the dark. There's no right or wrong answer when it comes down to camber profile, it's primarily personal preference. Sounds like you need to try to demo some stuff first and try to figure out what you like.
Old 03-14-2014, 01:49 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by linvillegorge View Post
Buy boots first. No piece of equipment is more important.

If you don't really even know what camber profile you'd prefer, recommending a board for you is just a total shot in the dark. There's no right or wrong answer when it comes down to camber profile, it's primarily personal preference. Sounds like you need to try to demo some stuff first and try to figure out what you like.
Thanks, could you by chance give me a general overview of the different camber profiles and what the differences are. As I really have no way to demo boards here.

EDIT: A quick google search helped me with camber profiles.

Last edited by Tearing It Up; 03-14-2014 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Google search
Old 03-14-2014, 01:49 PM   #8 (permalink)

Almost all board are on sale now, it should not be too hard to pick a board under 400. check dogfunk, evo, tactis or your local shop.
ttccnn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 02:05 PM   #9 (permalink)

After looking at some camber rocker profiles I have selected a Hybrid Rocker (Camber,Rocker,Camber). Also this choice is partially based on me riding on my and my friends boards. I have ridden a Camber only, a Rocker only, and a Hybrid Rocker which was my favorite also my friends board not mine.
Old 03-14-2014, 02:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by linvillegorge View Post
Not what this guy is looking for, but if it wouldn't likely lead to my divorce, I'd pull the trigger on that 161 Yes Pick Your Line.
You and me both mate.
hardasacatshead is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014, mountain, park, snowboard, versatile