CRC or CFC / Flow Cambers - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2014, 02:29 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default CRC or CFC / Flow Cambers

some sweet deals going on now...

Passed on a Nug because I didnt get the feedback I was looking for in another thread...

after a long wait I got my eye on a

Flow Shifty 160 or 157
Flow Era 158

Im naturally leaning towards the Shifty cause I like camber, have yet to try one of these CRC

it seems like I cant go wrong with any of these decks, but I can only afford one, not such a bad problem to have...

any advice...?
ItchEtrigR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2014, 02:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItchEtrigR View Post
some sweet deals going on now...

Passed on a Nug because I didnt get the feedback I was looking for in another thread...

after a long wait I got my eye on a

Flow Shifty 160 or 157
Flow Era 158

Im naturally leaning towards the Shifty cause I like camber, have yet to try one of these CRC

it seems like I cant go wrong with any of these decks, but I can only afford one, not such a bad problem to have...

any advice...?
If you like Camber.... R/C/R feels more like true camber than C/R/C. In my opinion.

R/C/R is basically camber, except that the contact points are not constantly engaged. They engage as soon as you tilt the board on edge (obviously depending on how much rocker is on the tips). Sometimes I have even felt the contact points grazing the snow and trying to catch (when I am very tired, sloppy, lots of pow, or conditions are inconsistent), but they rarely catch unless you want them to. The board doesn't feel squirely under your feet.

Last edited by F1EA; 03-14-2014 at 02:48 PM.
F1EA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 02:36 PM   #3 (permalink)

You like camber = Shifty

CRC is IMHO an acquired taste. As I am sure you have seen by the feedback on this forum there are a lot of CRC fans out there.

If I were you, plunk down for the Shifty, and try to demo a CRC board. If you demo one and find you like it, next time. But in the meantime you know you are getting something you KNOW you will be happy with.
Old 03-15-2014, 04:11 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1EA View Post
If you like Camber.... R/C/R feels more like true camber than C/R/C. In my opinion.

R/C/R is basically camber, except that the contact points are not constantly engaged. They engage as soon as you tilt the board on edge (obviously depending on how much rocker is on the tips). Sometimes I have even felt the contact points grazing the snow and trying to catch (when I am very tired, sloppy, lots of pow, or conditions are inconsistent), but they rarely catch unless you want them to. The board doesn't feel squirely under your feet.
Thanks for that, the actual different cambers itself is not something Im too worried about, flex & pop is what interest me the most. I've done 3 stage rocker/flat/rocker, flatline totally flat between the contact points, and of course regular camber, Im comfortable on all of them and im pretty sure it'll take me a ride a two to differentiate the subtleties on crc & cfc.

What Im thinking here that natural convex in the Era is going to be a big benefit in the deep, and allow for a large pressable lockable area on the nose & tail, but im worried its not going to have enough pop, the Shifty probably going to feel like a broken down cambered deck and the flat between the feet is gonna have a bit more even bend than a standard cambered deck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldman View Post
You like camber = Shifty

CRC is IMHO an acquired taste. As I am sure you have seen by the feedback on this forum there are a lot of CRC fans out there.

If I were you, plunk down for the Shifty, and try to demo a CRC board. If you demo one and find you like it, next time. But in the meantime you know you are getting something you KNOW you will be happy with.
Yeh I hear you, and it makes sense to pick the safe bet, problem is I live in Norway and the possibilities of demoing are little to null, the point you make about the acquired taste is what im debating the most, im so use to having that stiffness under my feet Im wondering If Im going to feel comfortable with that bend in the ERA, but man all the talk about CRC makes me curious.

I know Im overthinking this bullshit and should just go with what I want, but just trying to get some feelers on what people think about these two boards, more so the Era cuz Im pretty sure the Shifty is not gonna be that much different a ride than my cambered deck.
ItchEtrigR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 11:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItchEtrigR View Post
Thanks for that, the actual different cambers itself is not something Im too worried about, flex & pop is what interest me the most. I've done 3 stage rocker/flat/rocker, flatline totally flat between the contact points, and of course regular camber, Im comfortable on all of them and im pretty sure it'll take me a ride a two to differentiate the subtleties on crc & cfc.

What Im thinking here that natural convex in the Era is going to be a big benefit in the deep, and allow for a large pressable lockable area on the nose & tail, but im worried its not going to have enough pop, the Shifty probably going to feel like a broken down cambered deck and the flat between the feet is gonna have a bit more even bend than a standard cambered deck.

Yeh I hear you, and it makes sense to pick the safe bet, problem is I live in Norway and the possibilities of demoing are little to null, the point you make about the acquired taste is what im debating the most, im so use to having that stiffness under my feet Im wondering If Im going to feel comfortable with that bend in the ERA, but man all the talk about CRC makes me curious.

I know Im overthinking this bullshit and should just go with what I want, but just trying to get some feelers on what people think about these two boards, more so the Era cuz Im pretty sure the Shifty is not gonna be that much different a ride than my cambered deck.

I have not ridden the shifty because it does not come in a wide.

The era is one of the best do it all decks i have ridden. Just stiff enough and a super gripy side cut that is awesome to carve with. The 158 is pretty wide but alas a bit to narrow for me still. Its one of the decks that i recommend most to friends.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 11:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Depends on what you're looking for. Both press really well you just have to be a bit more on point with the Shifty vs the Era where you can be lazy. The pop out of both of them is similar with the exception that you can actually load the camber zone on the Shifty.

Both are good boards and both handle varying conditions exceptionally well.