Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Busted board - need ideas (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/134546-busted-board-need-ideas.html)

breamarie 03-14-2014 10:24 PM

Busted board - need ideas

Last weekend we were on the way to the slopes and our Thule snowboard rack (mounted on the spare me spare tire bike rack) fell to the side and my brand new arbor board dragged on the cement and got completely jacked up. Thule ended up agreeing that it was because the rack was defective, fixed the rack and is sending us a check to reimburse me for my board. I only got to use it once before this happened.

So I bought a new one, and I now have this gorgeous but useless board. It's really just the tip that's jacked, but it's pretty bad. I talked to the guys at arbor and they said it was beyond repair.

What would you do if you had a really nice looking broken board? I've already replaced it with the same board, and we store our boards by hanging them on the wall, so using it as wall art isn't really a solution. I can't think of anything I could realistically do with it. I think it'd be a shame to just trash it but that may be the answer.

breamarie 03-14-2014 10:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Not the best picture, but you can get the idea.

linvillegorge 03-14-2014 10:27 PM

That sucks man. Yeah, that thing is pretty fucked up. I'd make a bench out of it.

stan_darsh 03-14-2014 10:46 PM

if that's the back, make it a swallowtail! short pow stick

there are some diy swallowtail boards on here if you search

breamarie 03-14-2014 10:47 PM

It's the front end (top). I was told by a few people (including the guys at arbor) that trying to get it fixed to use it would just be a temporary fix and it'd end up letting water in and ruining the whole thing.

ShredLife 03-14-2014 10:50 PM

cut the damage off with a tablesaw (might use a grinder to get thru the edge) flat, leaving as much of the nose/tail as possible. seal the cut with spar urethane.

its still a snowboard, just not as much of one.

ShredLife 03-14-2014 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by breamarie (Post 1614354)
It's the front end (top). I was told by a few people (including the guys at arbor) that trying to get it fixed to use it would just be a temporary fix and it'd end up letting water in and ruining the whole thing.

people cut snowboards in half and make them into splitboards all the time. as long as you seal it its fine. its never going to last as long as if it wasn't cut, but it makes way more sense than throwing it away or not using it.

BurtonAvenger 03-14-2014 11:21 PM

The boards fucked and as mentioned it's time to cut it. Here's what I would do. Drill a hole in the tail somewhere past the back inserts, use this as a router point then route the tail into a swallow. For the nose trace a triangle on it and cut that into a sharp abrupt point. Bam insta pow board. Seal it with what Shred said and there you go one of a kind powder slayer.