Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
- Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
- - Heel drag options (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/134762-heel-drag-options.html)
Heel drag options
Having a slight problem with my 157 T rice and cartels. With the stance where I ideally want it with 15, -15 duck stance, I'm experiencing some heavy heel drag on high speed carves+heelside landings/takeoffs.
Have a size 11.5 boots. Tried shifting the binding forward a notch, but I got some toe drag then.
I don't have any more time to tinker with at local mountains it as I'm heading out west.
What would my best options be?
1. Use my other bindings with the same stance (heel/toe overhang is slightly different.
2. Widen the stance as much as possible to get my feet closer to the widest points of the board.
3. eat shit on landings
4. Increase angles, which doesn't seem like a good idea.
heel drag fix
Here is an option to think about. Take a 2mm thick piece of lexan and put it between the binding and the board, then substitute the 12mm screws for 14mm screws. The seemingly small amount of height will give you a large difference in how far you can lean before scraping. Cheapest fix though if it doesn't work. Could go with more thickness, but 14 was the longest ones I saw in the ski shop.
I think the spacer solution would be your best bet but,... if you're short on "fiddle" time? I'd say #1 & #2 are your only real quick and easy options. :dunno: Be sure to take a small #3 driver with you! ;)
....if you go with option #3? Be sure to get video! :D
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:19 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.