Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Burton Barracuda vs Landlord? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/134826-burton-barracuda-vs-landlord.html)

mmill02 03-16-2014 09:01 PM

Burton Barracuda vs Landlord?

Has anybody rode this years Barracuda and Landlord? Can you tell me how they ride different?

Bamfboardman 03-16-2014 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmill02 (Post 1617562)
Has anybody rode this years Barracuda and Landlord? Can you tell me how they ride different?

I mean correct me if I'm wrong but the Barracuda I know for a fact is S rocker and the Landlord is camber. That right there should tell you how it will ride. S rocker wont be super carvy but will float like a boss. Camber will be more carvy and float will require more work.

scotty100 03-16-2014 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bamfboardman (Post 1617650)
I mean correct me if I'm wrong but the Barracuda I know for a fact is S rocker and the Landlord is camber. That right there should tell you how it will ride. S rocker wont be super carvy but will float like a boss. Camber will be more carvy and float will require more work.

Landlord is S rocker too I believe, except it's a version of S rocker that's less floaty and more precise. Burton make different versions of S rocker...so it would be Landlord - Barracuda - Fish in terms of freeride-oriented thru to pure powder board. Cuda right in the middle. I have last years...fun board I use only in powder.

Nivek 03-16-2014 11:19 PM

Without seeing it in person I'd have to assume the Landlords rocker starts just outside the front foot, where the Cuda's is basically Flying V without the camber in the front foot. The Landlord is a bit more active edge to edge and stiffer overall from what I understand and isn't meant to be downsized where the Cuda is by 2-3cm.

Supra 03-17-2014 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bamfboardman (Post 1617650)

Correct me if I'm wrong but I know for a fact that they are both s-rocker. The rocker for the barracuda starts under the front foot. To ride properly on hardpack you have to put extra pressure on your front foot.
The landlord is 'regular' s-rocker. The board will ride more like a camber board with the big nose lifted when you ride on hardpack.

If choosing between the two, definitely the landlord is the better choice. The cuda sucks outside of pow

Nivek 03-17-2014 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supra (Post 1617858)
Correct me if I'm wrong but I know for a fact that they are both s-rocker. The rocker for the barracuda starts under the front foot. To ride properly on hardpack you have to put extra pressure on your front foot.
The landlord is 'regular' s-rocker. The board will ride more like a camber board with the big nose lifted when you ride on hardpack.

If choosing between the two, definitely the landlord is the better choice. The cuda sucks outside of pow

I'm gonna have to disagree about the Cuda outside of deep snow. Early season, if I wasn't riding park, I was riding my Barracuda. It fucking rips groomers apart. Definitely a different ride and took a little to get used to with the rocker where it is and all, but it's got a stiff tail and a fairly deep sidecut. Actually with the size I bought, I'd rather ride it on groomers than in pow.

RickB 03-17-2014 02:49 PM

thinking of getting a 'cuda for my 13 year old for next year, he'll be ~125-135lbs and wondering what size might best take care of him for 2 years... 149??

nmk 03-23-2014 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmill02 (Post 1617562)

Bought the Cuda, saw the rocker started after the front foot, sent it back for the LandLord as I prefer camber between my feet. I ride mostly in Austria so a camber board better suits the conditions.

After 3 trips this season, the LL is THE RIDE for me!! It floated like a charm in thigh deep pow in Hokkaido and weaved through the trees without any problems. I have the 159 but it is so maneuverable it felt like a 154 plus the stance can be set WAY BACK to get that surfy feel.

In Tirol (crap season), it held on the hard pack groomers without a problem and minimum chatter flat basing. When we did get some freshie.... went off-piste and the LL rocked!

Just came back from Val di Fiemme and had ice in the morning, soft pack granules in the mid day and slush in the afternoon and the LL rode great in all conditions. Well... in the mornings, on the sweet corduroy ice pack... I wish I had my CustomX to blow through all the crap but then lucky I didn't have the Cuda! I prefer the stability of a camber ride. That said, I was still able to rocket down the black runs without any worries, the LL just washed out a bit more than my CustomX.

If you ride mostly pow and soft groomers, then probably the Cuda will be more fun because of the rocker between the feet. But if you get all sorts of conditions from ice slush and everything in between, I haven't found a ride more versatile than the LL!!

nmk 03-23-2014 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickB (Post 1618842)
thinking of getting a 'cuda for my 13 year old for next year, he'll be ~125-135lbs and wondering what size might best take care of him for 2 years... 149??

Will the Cuda be his pow specific stick or this only ride? If for pow, then you will want to ride it as long of a board as you can. 13 y.o. @ 135# and for sure still growing, I would get a 153 or even a 157.

I am 160# and I ride the LL 159 and now I am thinking the 163 would have been even better in the deep pow. The LL and the Cuda both feel shorter than the stated length.

My son is 14 @ 130# and he rides also the LL 159 and love it. But at times, I think he still prefers his CustomFV for goofing around and hitting the jumps.

24WERD 03-23-2014 02:06 PM

EasyLoungin | The Official 2015 thread

Scroll to bottom of the link for the diagrams of the S-rocker if that helps

As Doc says, the actual bend is shown on the Truth card... It is a bit confusing labeling everything 'S-Rocker' but the only rider who actually gives a shit are the tech nerds on here - which I would have thought could have found these diagrams a while ago.