Need help buying first board. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2014, 08:25 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Need help buying first board.

Hey guys,
I'm looking to buy my first board

I'm a bit nervous since the prices on boards are expensive! Well I narrowed down to two boards. Burton Clash and Burton Ride agenda. I'm looking to pair them with Flow Quattro Snowboard Bindings 2014 If possible.

Would that set up be good for me? I'm definitely a beginner been to the resorts 2 times so far. Looking to take it on has my sport.

Weight 165-170
Boot size 8 or 9
Riding style (do you like to charge steeps? Spin 7's/9's, ride groomers?) Ride groomers?
Age (are you still growing and puttin on weight?) 23
budget (if you have one) 300 perhaps
Your location of riding Montage Mountain in NJ
Jahaziel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2014, 09:43 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahaziel View Post
Hey guys,
I'm looking to buy my first board

I'm a bit nervous since the prices on boards are expensive! Well I narrowed down to two boards. Burton Clash and Burton Ride agenda. I'm looking to pair them with Flow Quattro Snowboard Bindings 2014 If possible.

Would that set up be good for me? I'm definitely a beginner been to the resorts 2 times so far. Looking to take it on has my sport.

Weight 165-170
Boot size 8 or 9
Riding style (do you like to charge steeps? Spin 7's/9's, ride groomers?) Ride groomers?
Age (are you still growing and puttin on weight?) 23
budget (if you have one) 300 perhaps
Your location of riding Montage Mountain in NJ
These are both great beginner progression boards. I have been looking at these myself as my Rome Manual is getting to be a pain.

They are both fairly similar in makeup the only real difference being the Burton is a mid-wide i believe and they have slightly different bases.

If you go for the Burton make sure you get the Burton plates for the Flows as they don't tend to come with this normally you might have to purchase it separately. My Quattro Se didn't come with a plate for Burton boards.

As they are both fairly similar i would suggest either. I know that doesn't really help but you have picked 2 fairly similar boards.
AgentStephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 01:17 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thank you for your help. Is there any other boards that you suggest? Maybe a bit cheaper then the ones I chose. I just want something that is easy to gain more skill while still being intermediate.
Old 03-19-2014, 02:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Thank you for your help. Is there any other boards that you suggest? Maybe a bit cheaper then the ones I chose. I just want something that is easy to gain more skill while still being intermediate.
Whiskeymilitia.com has tons of Rome and Nitro boards for sale right now in their private stash. Plenty of really good boards to look into for discounted prices.
ridinbend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 04:48 PM   #5 (permalink)

OP if you live in the US, checkout evo.com they have some great boards in the outlet section of their site. Great boards for as low as $149.99
Dago91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
If you have a shop around you that sells used gear, I'd look there. I got a K2 Brigade(2011) w/ bindings for $150. You don't get to pick exactly what you want, maybe, but you can get a board and binding set you like for cheap that way.
ThredJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:27 PM   #7 (permalink)

I'm actually nervous of used boards. I don't know if the person mistreated their boards or anything. Is it suggested going for a used snowboard
Old 03-19-2014, 09:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
I'm actually nervous of used boards. I don't know if the person mistreated their boards or anything. Is it suggested going for a used snowboard
That's why I'd recommend going to a reputable shop, they won't risk their reputation by selling you something that's junk.

If you truly want cheap, then it's recommended, but if you can and are willing to drop the cash on a new board, then I'd do it. Used is just something to consider.
ThredJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 07:44 AM   #9 (permalink)

So I narrowed it down to the Burton Clash and Rome Reverb Rocker.

Question is Rome Reverb pretty easy to learn with?
The Good Ride website lists it to Beginner to Expert.

Rome Reverb Rocker Review, Ratings & Buyers Advice