Need help buying first board. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2014, 08:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 5
Default Need help buying first board.

Hey guys,
I'm looking to buy my first board

I'm a bit nervous since the prices on boards are expensive! Well I narrowed down to two boards. Burton Clash and Burton Ride agenda. I'm looking to pair them with Flow Quattro Snowboard Bindings 2014 If possible.

Would that set up be good for me? I'm definitely a beginner been to the resorts 2 times so far. Looking to take it on has my sport.

Weight 165-170
Boot size 8 or 9
Riding style (do you like to charge steeps? Spin 7's/9's, ride groomers?) Ride groomers?
Age (are you still growing and puttin on weight?) 23
budget (if you have one) 300 perhaps
Your location of riding Montage Mountain in NJ
Jahaziel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-19-2014, 09:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
AgentStephens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Gillingham, UK
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahaziel View Post
Hey guys,
I'm looking to buy my first board

I'm a bit nervous since the prices on boards are expensive! Well I narrowed down to two boards. Burton Clash and Burton Ride agenda. I'm looking to pair them with Flow Quattro Snowboard Bindings 2014 If possible.

Would that set up be good for me? I'm definitely a beginner been to the resorts 2 times so far. Looking to take it on has my sport.

Weight 165-170
Boot size 8 or 9
Riding style (do you like to charge steeps? Spin 7's/9's, ride groomers?) Ride groomers?
Age (are you still growing and puttin on weight?) 23
budget (if you have one) 300 perhaps
Your location of riding Montage Mountain in NJ
These are both great beginner progression boards. I have been looking at these myself as my Rome Manual is getting to be a pain.

They are both fairly similar in makeup the only real difference being the Burton is a mid-wide i believe and they have slightly different bases.

If you go for the Burton make sure you get the Burton plates for the Flows as they don't tend to come with this normally you might have to purchase it separately. My Quattro Se didn't come with a plate for Burton boards.

As they are both fairly similar i would suggest either. I know that doesn't really help but you have picked 2 fairly similar boards.
AgentStephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 01:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 5
Default

Thank you for your help. Is there any other boards that you suggest? Maybe a bit cheaper then the ones I chose. I just want something that is easy to gain more skill while still being intermediate.
Jahaziel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 02:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
ridinbend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bend
Posts: 935
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahaziel View Post
Thank you for your help. Is there any other boards that you suggest? Maybe a bit cheaper then the ones I chose. I just want something that is easy to gain more skill while still being intermediate.
Whiskeymilitia.com has tons of Rome and Nitro boards for sale right now in their private stash. Plenty of really good boards to look into for discounted prices.
ridinbend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 04:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Dago91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Lugano,CH
Posts: 224
Default

OP if you live in the US, checkout evo.com they have some great boards in the outlet section of their site. Great boards for as low as $149.99
Dago91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
ThredJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 215
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahaziel View Post
Thank you for your help. Is there any other boards that you suggest? Maybe a bit cheaper then the ones I chose. I just want something that is easy to gain more skill while still being intermediate.
If you have a shop around you that sells used gear, I'd look there. I got a K2 Brigade(2011) w/ bindings for $150. You don't get to pick exactly what you want, maybe, but you can get a board and binding set you like for cheap that way.
ThredJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 5
Default

I'm actually nervous of used boards. I don't know if the person mistreated their boards or anything. Is it suggested going for a used snowboard
Jahaziel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
ThredJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 215
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahaziel View Post
I'm actually nervous of used boards. I don't know if the person mistreated their boards or anything. Is it suggested going for a used snowboard
That's why I'd recommend going to a reputable shop, they won't risk their reputation by selling you something that's junk.

If you truly want cheap, then it's recommended, but if you can and are willing to drop the cash on a new board, then I'd do it. Used is just something to consider.
ThredJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 07:44 AM   #9 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 5
Default

So I narrowed it down to the Burton Clash and Rome Reverb Rocker.

Question is Rome Reverb pretty easy to learn with?
The Good Ride website lists it to Beginner to Expert.

Rome Reverb Rocker Review, Ratings & Buyers Advice
Jahaziel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:46 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums