Rome Anthem, Agent or Ride TMS? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2009, 10:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoastSnwbdr

Default Rome Anthem, Agent or Ride TMS?

Hey All,
Well the boarding season around me is more than half way over and i'm in need of a new board. My old board was an 06 burton clash but that is pretty beat up. I have narrowed my pick down to 3 boards the rome agent (which I have heard nothing but good things about), the Rome Anthem (have not heard too much about) or the Ride TMS. I mostly ride on intermediate trails on machine made, packed powder and I ride about 70% mountain with about 30% terrain park. I'm trying to stick with a 156cm board since i'm about 5'11 and about 165 lbs. I know the agent is a park board but i heard its a great all mountain board as well. Any thoughts on these boards? If anyone has other boards to suggest i'm trying to spend around 400 bucks. Thanks for all the help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2009, 11:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
powderjet81

The anthem is a fairly stiff and very responsive board. It holds an edge very well in all conditions. If you like going fast its a great choice. its good for jumps and pipe but not really a board for rails and boxes.

I have not ridden a TMS but i used to own a timeless, which is an earlier version of the board. I think ride just changed its design slightly. Its similar to the anthem but just not as good IMO. Its similar on groomers but its not as good in the park.

I don't have any experience with the agent. But i know it is softer and more playful than the other 2 boards. Its a much more park specific board.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I have no direct experience w/any of the 3, but I did love all the Ride Timeless boards back in the day, before they changed the name Concept TMS. It's an all-mountain board, but prob too wide/stiff for the park.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 11:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
kylekilljoy

you want the agent.
its a great all mountain freestlye board which has a -2 degree edge bevel allowing it to perform well in the park and it can still perform well outside of boxes and rails.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Consider the Ride Society instead of the TMS if you would like a more park orientated board. The TMS is great off of everything except for boxes/rails and can hit pretty much any sized kicker
redlude97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 12:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
EcoastSnwbdr

thanks for all the advice guys, i think i'll either go for the anthem or the agent not too sure yet, but ultimaltey i want something that is more mountain than park but can still perform in the park, thanks again for the advice
Old 02-22-2009, 11:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
13rian

skip the agent, its a great board, bt its made for park, its ok for moutain, bt to much flex for great allmoutain prefomance..

the anthem is compareble with the burton custom(with id get), its bin a rumour that the had the same spex.

cant say about the ride..
Old 02-22-2009, 11:34 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13rian View Post
skip the agent, its a great board, bt its made for park, its ok for moutain, bt to much flex for great allmoutain prefomance..

the anthem is compareble with the burton custom(with id get), its bin a rumour that the had the same spex.

you may have got your rome line mixed up or have never rode both...the agent and the custom are very close. the agent and custom are all mt freestyle, the anthem is all mt free ride. if you want to be really picky, the custom could go in the middle of the 2, as it is just a tad better on the mt. i would say the the agent could very easily be the only stick you got and you would be 100% fine. it is one, if not the, most versatile board on the market.
Burton [ak] 2l Cyclic Jacket
Holden Northfield 3L pants
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 11:40 AM   #9 (permalink)
powderjet81

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13rian View Post

The anthem is not very close to the custom at all. The anthem is much stiffer and far more freeride orientated than the custom. Its actually the agent that is closest to the custom in specs!
Old 02-25-2009, 01:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
13rian

allrite u win, iv have actually riddn the custom alot and hav gt a agent on the moment.. iv only briefly ridden an anthem tho.. i just find the custom abt stiff comprd 2 most allmoutain freestyle boards(agent and DH for instance)and its directional.. but ok u win