Good jib board for tall rider - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2009, 11:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
JJCoolYo

Default Good jib board for tall rider

SUp guys I wanted to know what a good Jib board is for a tall rider, i really want to start hittin the parks up, im 6'5 200 pounds, I ride wide too , so if someone could give me some enlightenment that wud b awesome thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2009, 11:39 PM   #2 (permalink)

I am 6'2" 175, and I ride a 153 Stepchild Jibstick.

It's the sickest thing in the world for jibbing.

I have a 23"+ stance (its a little over, but I dunno the exact number) and you can get WAY crazy on going wider with the stance if you need (don't see how this would be humanly possible). At 6'5" I would imagine you are rocking a 24"+ stance, and a 153 Jibstick would easily accommodate that.

My only concern may be if you are STARTING to jib on this board. I have been jibbing for a pretty long time, and its what I am comfortable with. The board, with R.E.T.T. and the positive rocker may be a little tricky to get used to (depending on who you are, what you ride, etc).

Like I have always said, its a great addition to my quiver of boards, but it would not be an all-mountain board by any means. I'm totally appreciative of that. You don't drive an F1 car on the street to work everyday, and you don't race a 4 door sedan in a Grand Prix. Same goes for boards.

I just can't seem to shake the shackles of the City boy Blues

Last edited by $Lindz$; 02-18-2009 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Spelling.
$Lindz$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
JJCoolYo

Yea man i totally understand, Thx for the awesome info i appreciate it, I was lookin at the forum destroyer , its in my budget and its got some good reviews, if you know, what boards do you recomend?? Im lookin at gettin a jib board this weekend, if you have anymore info that wud b sick dude, and thx alot again
Old 02-18-2009, 11:50 PM   #4 (permalink)

Well, I have a personal thing for Stepchild, and what they represent so *if you can find one* I would suggest a Jibstick (there is one on ebay right now!). If not (sold out pretty much everywhere) I have heard good things about the Simon and JP pro models (more $$$, though available, and with sale, around ~$300), or even a Powder Sucks board (awesome all around board).

But for jibbing, nothing will beat the awesome that is the Jibstick. It won't make you a good jibber, but it will make your steez on boxes, ledges, and rails go through the roof!

Old 02-19-2009, 12:10 AM   #5 (permalink)
JJCoolYo

sick, do these jibsticks come in wide? or do you even need a wide board for jibbin? cus im size 12 boot lol
Old 02-19-2009, 12:24 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJCoolYo View Post
sick, do these jibsticks come in wide? or do you even need a wide board for jibbin? cus im size 12 boot lol
I have size 12 also. No problems. Honestly, no need for a wide jib board, you aren't gonna be carving it up wicked leaned-over on the hill. Also, a ducked-out wide stance that is pretty close to the board's tips (wider part of the board) will reduce your overhangs. You aren't gonna be rocking a +/+ 18 inch rental board stance for jibbing.

Old 02-19-2009, 12:24 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

It would probably be better to get a wide but you could definitely get away with the 153 Jibstick or a 156 Simon if you ride wide and with some decent angles. The extra width of a wide will really help with stability though. At 200lbs Look at the CAPiTA Stair/Scaremaster 156 wide. Great all around park board that kill jibs. But its still usefull for the rest of the mountain. A Darkstar 154 wide is another. Look a 153-156 with a waist width of at least 25.3. If you go any smaller than that in the waist you'll need a sidecut of 7.8m or less.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 12:28 AM   #8 (permalink)

Word, I forgot that the Simon board comes in a mid-wide. That's a good option, though I've never ridden one yet. It is a directional-twin board (yep) so it might be a decent option for a more all around with that stiffer tail.

Old 02-19-2009, 01:06 AM   #9 (permalink)
JJCoolYo

man thanks for the info and options guys i rly apreciate it ,im difnatley gona check out the metnioned boards,, peace out guys
Old 07-18-2010, 04:18 PM   #10 (permalink)

Hey man, How did you get on? I'm about the same size as you and wondered how you got on with the shorter board? cheers!
dyno1980 is offline   Reply With Quote