Board Recomendations - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2014, 03:48 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Board Recomendations

Howdy all,

I have a few question regarding board sizes i just thought someone might be able to clear up.

My current board is a Rome manual 159 which has a waist width of 264mm tail and nose come in at 308mm it is pretty damn big.

I have size 11.5 Ride Anthem boots and XL Flow Quattro se i ride duck stance at -15 +15

At the moment everytime i go away for a mountain break i have to epoxy the top sheet when i get back as it starts peeling quite dramatically while i'm away.

The board at the moment is a standard camber board and is directional. It has a flex rating of 6 and is pretty damn heavy. I have attempted to start learning tail presses on it with some success but it just feels damn stiff. The board was given to me so i was very lucky. In basically a new condition only being ridden once. It was stored in someones garage for a few years before i got a hold of it.

I am unsure of what board to move onto next and have been looking around for a solid all-mountain freestyle board as i want to progress to some flat ground tricks and some small rail and kicker action.

I was wondering if anyone could suggest something to look out for? I am unsure if i need a wide board or not tbh is there anything i can do to figure that out?

Any help would be awesome. If you need any more info just let me know :P

Last edited by AgentStephens; 03-20-2014 at 04:12 AM.
AgentStephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2014, 05:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
Resident poet

Demo some boards on your next visit. Something like a gnu rider's choice c2btx hybrid, and boards with rcr verses crc and something soft and buttery. If you can do a performance rental and switch out several boards on a day or over a weekend that way you can really feel the difference. It sounds you are due for a newer board.