Question about boards with all info needed - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2007, 11:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Miljar18

Default Question about boards with all info needed

I asked a previous question but was a N00b who didn't include necessary information, so here is my new thread.

I'm a 23 year old who has been snowboarding for about 2 years, my shoe size is 10.5, I weigh 190lbs, I'm 5'10", I like to ride groomed runs, and have been off the beaten path a few times (and would like to increase this), I've done some jumps (and would like to do a few more), not too interested in the park much beyond jumps, my budget maxes out at $600 for my new board, and I ride in the great state of Washington. I have a friend, who has been riding for about 15 years, advising me that I've outgrown my first board, a Rossignal Circuit, but who is obsessed with everything K2 (so I thought I'd get a second oppinion). My question is what would be one or two boards that people would advise me to purchase?

Also the bindings and boots that I have, and would like to keep, are Ride Ex bindings, and Salomon Dialogues. If these are inadiquate by anyones personal oppionion, I would also be up for suggestions on these too.

Thanks for your responses ahead of time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2007, 12:17 AM   #2 (permalink)

Boots wise, make sure they fit, otherwise, they are a very fine choice. Board-wise, I'm thinking something like Rome Anthem, or Atomic Alibi. Um, there's other stuff out there, but I'm sleepy, so I'll try to finish off this post tomorrow.
boarderaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 07:24 AM   #3 (permalink)
djcuba908

Check out the Lib Tech TRS, good all mountain freestyle type of board with a slightly stiffer flex than a regular park board. They have a number of options available on it, such as magnetraction (a wavy edge sidecut that turns ice into pow-pow) and/or Bananna Technology (reverse camber/rocker between the feet and flat edges at the tip and tail).
Old 10-22-2007, 01:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
Miljar18

So I've been checking out the boards suggested, look interesting.
Also been looking at Neversummer stuff too, as I found a site that has it closeout on 07 modles.
Anyone have an oppinion on what board would better suit me (from the information provided initially) the Heritage or the Premier, or just which one is a better board. I know that the Heritage costs a little more, but that could mean squat.
??????????