Recs for all mountain women's board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2014, 06:38 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Recs for all mountain women's board

Hi, looking for an aggressive all mountain board with really good edge hold. Currently ride a men's Jones Mountain Twin 151 -- love the board, has great edge hold and best of all stability, great for carving and rides well on jumps and uneven terrain. The only downside to the board is the turnability given the large size. It's difficult to ollie and butter because of the stiffness.

I'm 5'1 and 100lbs. Looking for a board with edge hold and stability through high speed (I mostly ride in ice coast) but with better turnability and playfulness. I've tried the Jones Mountain Twin Sister and it lacked the stability I was looking for. Also have a burton feel good flying v for powder and park days.

I've looked at the libtech trs and the gnu b-pro c3-btx, looks like they could fit the bill. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
thebulletin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2014, 06:45 PM   #2 (permalink)

The YES Hel Yes looks like a good choice for what you're after:

YES. SNOWBOARDS ยป HEL YES.

Yes Hel Yes Review | Price Comparison | Buyers Guide
Thrillhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 06:57 PM   #3 (permalink)

If you like MT you'll love B-pro, go down to your recommended size and you should be golden.
Noreaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 09:32 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks Thrillhouse, I'll definitely check out the YES Hel Yes.

Noreaster - There seems to be the C2 and the C3. I see that one is hybrid rocker and the other is hybrid camber. I haven't ridden enough camber profiles to know the difference, which one would be better for an east coaster?
Old 03-23-2014, 10:05 PM   #5 (permalink)

Hybrid camber. My girlfriend rides the b pro and is about the same size as you and loves it. Awesome edge hold with the magnetraction and definitely a slightly stiffer more aggressive women's board.
ryannorthcott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 10:44 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebulletin View Post
Thanks Thrillhouse, I'll definitely check out the YES Hel Yes.

Noreaster - There seems to be the C2 and the C3. I see that one is hybrid rocker and the other is hybrid camber. I haven't ridden enough camber profiles to know the difference, which one would be better for an east coaster?
Both of them are CRCs, they're not really camber profiles. C3 has a more pronounced camber zones, but cambered deck it is not. I demoed C3 pretty recently. Can't say I found a significant difference between it and C2. Both are playful, maybe C2 handles trees and moguls better. Both land jumps about the same. If you're into bombing runs go with C3, but then you already have MT for that. C3 won't beat MT's stability (I have MT too so I know how it rides). Oh yeah, you'd love magnetraction on either one of B-pros.
Noreaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:34 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Never Summer Raven & Gnu Beauty are good options to consider as well.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 11:48 AM   #8 (permalink)

My wife demoed the twin sister and the Hel Yes, she said the same thing about the twin sister as you and thought the Hel Yes was amazing and ended up picking it over all the other boards she demoed. Worth trying one out.

Do you reckon Jones made the Twin Sister a lot softer then the men's version?
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 05:20 PM   #9 (permalink)

Yea, I do think the twin sister is a lot softer than the MT. It just didn't have the same stability because of it.

I wasn't able to find the b-pro or hel yes to demo today but got to ride the rossignol diva (tried the 148, would have loved to go smaller but that was the smallest they had). It was very similar to the MT but even faster with good edge to edge transition. The only thing that was difficult was buttering, but not anymore than the MT.

I think this may be my last trip for this season so I will have to check out the other boards in December.
Old 03-27-2014, 01:39 AM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

FYI the Hel Yes is like $340 in various sizes on SAC right now.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote