1st board for east coast ice/groomers Gnu CHB MTX? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2009, 09:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
makisupa

Default 1st board for east coast ice/groomers Gnu CHB MTX?

i'm seriously considering pairing this with some cartels from sierra today. i've been out maybe 25 times in my life, took 6 lessons for a PE credit this semester and i'm gaining confidence.

i already bought a pair of burton tributes. i know they're their cheapest boots, but i tried on more than a dozen pairs before finding them to fit the best. my only problem with the tributes is i have really high arches and am getting pressure on the top of my left (front) foot and need to readjust it too much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2009, 10:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
Mpagano9

I ride in SW PA mostly. Seven springs and Hidden valley. I just recently picked up a GNU CHB MTX 159 and I don't know how I've been riding anything else. The chatter and slide so familiar to scraped runs is almost gone entirely. The ride is smooth and the control is fantastic. I really recommend this board to any all-mountain rider- not just east coast.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:19 AM   #3 (permalink)

Yeah, that board is fine for the east coast. How'd u get PE credits for snowboarding? R u in college cause I don't want to have to take the studpid PE classes at my college.
Technine Icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 11:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Pull the trigger...you'll love it.

If you want a board that is a little better and will allow you to progress a little further, check out the GNU Riders Choice MTX. Similar, but just a little stiffer with more advanced tech. (i.e. better base). Just a little more money.
schmitty34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 01:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
makisupa

thanks for the tips guys. i'm kicking myself for not doing this yesterday, now its like 80 bucks more since their discount went from 50% to 40%