Helly Hansen Granite Jacket - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2009, 10:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Ddutty

Default Helly Hansen Granite Jacket

has anybody on here used this jacket? It is listed as a skiing jacket, but i was wondering how it would be for boarding. it looks more baggy than your typical ski jacket. also my arms are really long, so i was also wondering how long the sleeves are compared to the average jacket. Ill be getting an XL if I decide to buy it.

Right now it is going for 210 on BC, but it has been sold a few times this month on tramdock for 140, which looks like an amazing deal. Im hoping to catch it at some point.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2009, 10:47 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

A friend of mine has this jacket. He's 5'10" and about 170lbs and he wears a medium. It's a little baggy on him, but when you add in a fleece layer, it's not too bad. The sleeves are a little long as well, but not excessively, so I don't know how that compares to your situation. At $140, this jacket would be a steal.
DC5R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 05:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Ddutty

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5R View Post
The sleeves are a little long as well
Sounds great! I've yet to buy a piece of clothing where the sleeves were too long for me

Now I just have to watch Tramdock like a hawk until they put it up. I wish I could get a notification or something... like a program that would send me a text message beat the system
Old 02-20-2009, 05:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddutty View Post
Sounds great! I've yet to buy a piece of clothing where the sleeves were too long for me

Now I just have to watch Tramdock like a hawk until they put it up. I wish I could get a notification or something... like a program that would send me a text message beat the system
explore the site a little will ya?

Tramdock.com: Skiing Clothing and Gear from Spyder, Oakley, Helly Hansen, The North Face, K2, Salomon, Rossignol, Atomic, Line, Quiksilver, and Black DiamondStupidly marked down deals from Tramdock.com
Old 02-20-2009, 06:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Ddutty

Yeah, I can't imagine a bigger PITA than getting a text message every 20 mins from tramdock while I'm out doing stuff. I need something that will send a message when the item I want comes up. I'll prob end up just paying the extra cash to buy it outright, but if it comes up in the next week or so, I won't complain
Old 02-20-2009, 11:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

gotcha. well cant say i didnt try haha.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
Ddutty

I ended up buying the jacket for $190 shipped from altrec with a coupon code for 20% off (COUPONCABIN02). I have read some great reviews on it, so I will give my own opinion of it once it arrives. I would have liked to find it on tramdock again, but I really got tired of watching the site all the time. I keep seeing other stuff I want to buy on there... beginning to lose my willpower