scrathes on the base.. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2009, 12:26 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default scrathes on the base..

i have big big long scratches that arent so deep but all over the board...and some that are peeling material from the base .. and 2 places where some rocks hit , it made a small hole like 0.6 cm deep and 1 cm wide,,

ive been riding it for just 5 times, after i got the 1st scratches i got angry. But now i dont really care , nothing has changed riding wise. so just wondering, will it loose it life soon? become more flexy and loose pop loose speed? or stuff like that? till now i didnt notice any of those yet.so if the board has a fairly fucked up base whats the bads about it?
blasphemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2009, 12:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

'Fairly' is a relative term. How fucked up is fairly fucked up?

Your board's performance will deteriorate over time. That's normal. As long as these scrapes in your base aren't too deep (although 6mm is a pretty deep gouge), it's a badge of honor.

Was the 6mm hole a core shot? Do you see wood or is the base swelling around the site?
MunkySpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 12:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

honestly, i dont think it matters unless you are a alpine GS racer. The scratches are unavoidable so don't kill your self over em. Waxing your board also makes most of these hardly noticeable. The same scratches and dent i have on my board that i have taken out seven times and i can't feel the difference. I think you may only really notice a scratch if it is REALLY deep and is not running the length of the board. I don't really think these make it loose life or pop or ne thing. If it is really bad i still think it will hard to notice unless you really take a knife to your board. Keep in mind that in most cases except in flats you are trying to control your speed and not really gain it. I have never had a problem with gaining speed, this is what the mtn. is for =). The board may loose life if your core is exposed i.e. your wood inside the board gets wet and then the board is no longer too good.
twin89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 01:13 PM   #4 (permalink)

I suggest you wax it
Enigmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 01:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Use some p-tex and repair those 0.6 x 1cm holes.
DC5R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 02:25 PM   #6 (permalink)

I waxed it and filled those holes with wax, the wood cant be seen yet,,but its deep those r some pics
before waxing , i think itll work fine =) ill scrape it 5 minutes..

Quote:
it's a badge of honor.
who needs a 0.6cm hole in the base to be a badge of honor when u have this
hehe anyways i dont think its something we should brag about, any thoughtless beginnner or pro rider can break his hand and have a surgery like this or damage his board .
blasphemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 03:06 PM   #7 (permalink)

Yeah, your board will deteriorate over time. Scratches are nothing to worry about, it happens to everybody. If u want to keep your board in tip top shape I would sugesst doing a good job waxing it everytime you go.
Technine Icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 03:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
AAA

You very well may notice it is slower. File the hangnails off and P-tex the bad ones shut. Wax as usual. Or you can have the base stone ground to get it level again. (Use a reputable shop. Not a box store.)
AAA is offline   Reply With Quote