why are prople so against mervin boards (Lib Tech , Gnu, Roxy ) - Page 24 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2014, 11:17 PM   #231 (permalink)
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco tuesday View Post
That being said. If you don't like mervin boards for other reason so be it. Different strokes for different folks.
Piscent? Happy Tuesday!

Anyway, this might be the most logical first post I've ever seen!
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2014, 10:59 AM   #232 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmustycarpet1 View Post
As I read some of these threads I see a lot of people shiting all over mervin boards and I'm wondering why ppl really dislike them ? I persoanlly love em I had Burton boards , ride boards ,Rome and a bunch more my friends have that I tried .... I personally love everything about libs n gnu... So if your a hater of these boards I'm curious to the reasons behind it ? To each is own if u hate em more power to you I would jus like to hear the reasons behind it.
They are not. Its this website all these douche bags care about is Never Summer boards. Which are great boards but I rarely see them in NW. So I guess its a territory thing. I dont know. Fanboys can be so annoying.
NWskunkAPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 12:39 PM   #233 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWskunkAPE View Post
They are not. Its this website all these douche bags care about is Never Summer boards. Which are great boards but I rarely see them in NW. So I guess its a territory thing. I dont know. Fanboys can be so annoying.
I've not a huge fan of the CRC profiles I've tried, so I have fairly limited experience with both NS and Mervin. However when I did decide to buy one I went with NS primarily because I had heard they are better built and more durable (I couldn't justify spending money on a board with such potential for damage to the nose and tail). I was also annoyed trying to research all the crazy names they have for their different profiles, but then again all companies make tweaks to their profile so at least Mervin has a name for them I guess. Anyway no hate here, just stating my reasons, but I'm also curious to hear the other side of the argument: For all the Mervin lovers out there, what is it (aside from the obvious magnetraction) that makes Mervin your top choice?
Brewtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 01:33 PM   #234 (permalink)

I guess the reason I mainly buy Mervin products is because they are Local to where I live and have been since the beginning, they give back to the community in various ways, have an excellent product line and are just plain cool!.... I've owned Mervin boards since 1990 and have about 10 right now...
Northriver1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 04:28 PM   #235 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWskunkAPE View Post
Fanboys can be so annoying.
How are you any different from the CO Neversummer supporters?
ridinbend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 07:48 PM   #236 (permalink)

Default Pro Mervin... Sort Of

So I've Ridden on my '14 Gnu 156 Space Case for 111 days up here at Mammoth. Although it was a low snow season it saw its fair share of riding. I do love my board but it has gotten pretty thrashed. the top sheet is busting a little on the tail and the base needs constant upkeep. It seems like I'm waxing everyday. BUT this board is my baby, it has handled everything I've thrown at it and more. I used to be a Forum Lifer (been strictly riding forum gear for 10 years) but since the company disbanded I had to look for a new company. I did extensive research and found that Mervin had the most variety and selection. Now I'm not Mr. Gotrocks so I was a little hesitant when I saw their strictly $500 and up retail price however, I had a hookup and wound up getting my space case for $300 brand new. This is the first Mervin board I have owned and I am fairly pleased with their product. I don't understand the brand hating thing. I don't like Burton because they decided to end Forum for good but that won't stop me from buying their products if need be.
Mammoth Lifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 02:37 PM   #237 (permalink)
Veteran Member

^^just a reminder, Burton saved Forum from becoming a box store brand 8 years ago.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 03:01 PM   #238 (permalink)

yeah and then when the Brand started to make a come back they ended production and took a lot of the tech. look at the newer malavitas and the 2010 shaka's pretty much the same binding just with some burton flare added
Mammoth Lifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 03:55 PM   #239 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammoth Lifty View Post
yeah and then when the Brand started to make a come back they ended production and took a lot of the tech. look at the newer malavitas and the 2010 shaka's pretty much the same binding just with some burton flare added
methinks you don't have a firm grasp on the issues that ultimately brought Forum down. Shitting on Burton for it is ignorant and laughable.
Old 08-02-2014, 03:58 PM   #240 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
methinks you don't have a firm grasp on the issues that ultimately brought Forum down. Shitting on Burton for it is ignorant and laughable.
^ QUOTED FOR TRUTH!

Ah the life of a snow carney.