Review of Lib Tech TRS 2013-2014 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2014, 07:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Review of Lib Tech TRS 2013-2014

This is a review for the 2013-2014 Lib tech TRS with XC2BTX

Board: 148N
Bindings: Union Atlas and Burton Malavita
Boots: DC Judge
Stats: 5'6" 140 lbs Advanced Rider

Got this board new on end of the season clearance and have ridden it for about ten days in lake Tahoe. Conditions are fast and icy hard pack in the morning and slow and slushy in the afternoon.

XC2BTX is rocker between the feet and camber underfoot. The camber was lengthened this year to provide a more stable ride. You can definitely tell that this is a rockered board. Although it is more stable than a fully rockered board it still provides a loose ride. I have washed out on it at speed a few times but was able to correct and did not go down. If you want to take the skatey feel of a rockered park board to the mountain this may be a good one.

The flex is medium but I think that as the board breaks in it will become more flexible. Right out of the box this board flew but after a few days (including a wax) the base has slowed down. I am not impressed with the extruded base and I am glad that I did not pay $560 or anywhere near that for this board.

That does not mean I do not like the board I love it. It is catch-free and has full magnatraction. I would not blunt the edges as they have blunted after a few mornings of hard pack. I actually need to sharpen them already. I ride 50% park 50% all-mountain and this is my new all-mountain board. It is great for woods, cliffs, side hits, and side country. I have not ridden it in pow yet. This weekend fingers crossed.

This is not a park board. It pops off jumps and is great on landings but not so much on jibs. If you ride any more than 10% park get a park board and an all-mtn board if you can. This is a good all mountain freestyle board that I am so far satisfied with.
Wombat401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2014, 08:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Demoed the TRS + had a couple runs on another TRS base is semi-fast but not boomer fast. Base does need waxing, seemed stable to me even when straight lining. Thanks for your review,
SnowDogWax is offline   Reply With Quote