K2 Cinch VS Flow M9,M11 and flite 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2009, 02:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
sucrets

Default K2 Cinch VS Flow M9,M11 and flite 2

Hello everyone,
My bindings recently broke and I am looking for a new pair. I am looking for a pair that would be easy to get in and out of so I am currently looking at Flow models namely the M9, M11 and flite 2 as well as the hybrid K2 cinch.

Which model would you recommend?

Also if you know of any other models that you think are better let me know.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2009, 02:57 PM   #2 (permalink)

First off, what kind of riding are you looking to do?
Woosenheimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 03:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
sucrets

Freeride mostly. I only started snowboarding a few years ago. I don't do any tricks or anything yet.
Old 02-21-2009, 03:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The m11s, then the m9s. the m11s are more free ride, the m9s are more freestyle. i wouldnt consider the cinchs, personal opinion.
Burton [ak] 2l Cyclic Jacket
Holden Northfield 3L pants
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 03:52 PM   #5 (permalink)

I ride the m11's on my freeride setup and I love them. they are stiffer than the m9's. I would bypass the flite 2's My first bindings awere the flite 3's and i outgrew them in about a half a season.
Old 02-21-2009, 04:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I like my Cinches. They're much more straightforward than Flows when it comes to strapping in and finding that sweet spot between performance and comfort. The low-end Cinches weigh a ton, but they drop a lot of weight with the mid and high end models. As I've said before, they're stiff, not overly heavy, and they work as advertised.

Most people generally aren't fans, however.

I've also got M9's as my backup binding, and the few times I've had them out I can't complain, they're nice too.
MunkySpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 04:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
sucrets

Thanks for the replies guys.

@ munkyspunk
which models would you suggest for cinchs? CTS and CTX?? Also do they vary significantly by year?

I am also looking at the flow NXT AT bindings even though they are a little expensive. What do you guys think of those?

Also, does the level of stiffness equate better performance? I'm fairly new to snowboarding and I'm trying to understand the dynamics of everything.
Old 02-21-2009, 04:25 PM   #8 (permalink)

the softer a binding is the more park oriented it is, the stiffer is geared more towards freeride
Old 02-21-2009, 04:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I've got the CTS, the mid-level one. Last I read, they renamed them, however, so do your homework.

They really don't change significantly from year to year... Just like any bindings, they're almost always an evolution instead of a revolution. I'm sure they've changed the highbacks, sideplates, and other minor points, but I'm far from an authority. All I know is I've put two hard years on mine (I'm size 14 foot and use a wide board) and aside from having to adjust one screw on the right ankle strap, they're as good as the day I bought them. Which sucks, because I'm looking to upgrade to either a high-end Flow or a CTX model.

Serously, tho, try them out first. Bring your boots into the shop and try to get in and out of them while they're mounted on a board or other steady platform. A lot of people say they're difficult to get into the way K2 advertises. I counter with 'I've got a size 14 foot, and it works for me just fine.' If you're one of those people who can't seem to get the hang of the easy-in-out feature on the Cinch, you'll be kicking yourself for buying them.
MunkySpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 04:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
sucrets

Thanks again guys. This is very helpful.

Do you know of any other hybrid bindings (like cinch) that I could look up as well?