Burton Citizens? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2009, 06:40 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Burton Citizens?

Hey guys
I guess i'm somewhat new here...i don't think i've ever posted anything before...I have a Rome Blue snowboard, DC Phase boots, and Burton Citizen bindings...and i'm having some trouble with the bindings. This is my first year buying snowboarding equipment, having rented for 3 years beforehand. The thing is, the bindings are really stiff...i've been going snowboarding about every week since near the end of December, and their still pretty stiff. The binding straps on my left binding are ok, but on the right one, the toe strap is alright, yet the ankle strap is hard to get on. It often takes quite a while to get them on. Is there any way I could break them in better so their not so stiff? Also, my board's plastic is starting to come off around the edges...is this normal? Is there any way to keep it lasting longer? It's a really nice board, and has worked great for as long as i've been using it, and i'd like it to live for as long as possible before having to get another. thanks
Happyfacesmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2009, 06:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
JrOd

sounds like you just need to ride it more. my bindings loosened up a lot from a a lot of riding. and ur gona get wear n tear on your board so yea its normal.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

bindings dont typically break in too much, the citizens are burtons softest binders...the phases are pretty soft too, so it shouldnt be stiff at all..
Burton [ak] 2l Cyclic Jacket
Holden Northfield 3L pants
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 07:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
zackoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmacphee9 View Post
bindings dont typically break in too much, the citizens are burtons softest binders...the phases are pretty soft too, so it shouldnt be stiff at all..
beat me too it... perhaps its just going to take a bit more time, to get used to the "quality" of newer equipment as opposed to clapped out rental stuff???

but yea the citizens aren't stiff at all, what sort of riding are you doing
Old 02-22-2009, 12:04 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackoz View Post
but yea the citizens aren't stiff at all, what sort of riding are you doing
uhhh...i've been trying to learn some tricks but haven't quite gotten anywhere with them yet...so i can't really say freestyle...i mostly just mess around going up and down the hill...so i guess freeride? ...but what i meant by stiff are the actual straps...they don't fit around the boot and the padded ankle straps seem to be bent...if they weren't bent, they might be able to fit over the boot...that's what i meant when i was asking about breaking them in...can they somehow be...unbent to fit better?...they might even be too small for my boots (size 9)...even though the bindings are large...i'm not sure though.
Old 02-22-2009, 12:40 AM   #6 (permalink)
zackoz

i know with my cartels i can extend the strap , there is a screw you can undo it to make the ankle strap longer, have you tried this? if you still have your binding manual it will show you how to do this
Old 02-22-2009, 02:26 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
i know with my cartels i can extend the strap , there is a screw you can undo it to make the ankle strap longer, have you tried this? if you still have your binding manual it will show you how to do this
yes thats what it sounds like to me, the straps are always going to be pre-bent to fit around a boot, all companies do this. burtons are more bent then others though..
Burton [ak] 2l Cyclic Jacket
Holden Northfield 3L pants
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 02:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
tygger

Quote:

Remove the screw and move the strap to the last hole to give you more length in the strap to work with.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:58 PM   #9 (permalink)

Thanks guys! I tried unscrewing and extending the strap, went snowboarding today...loads better!
hehe...sorry i took a while to reply...I couldn't find any screwdrivers in my house...