Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Help a sister out! Another board size question (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/136402-help-sister-out-another-board-size.html)

VictoriaGirl 03-27-2014 04:21 AM

Help a sister out! Another board size question

Sorry to those who hate these types of threads, but I'd really love some awesome advice from you guys (so much so I stopped lurking and specifically created an account to do it!).

I'm an Aussie girl, 5'7, 145lbs and women's shoe 9. I have recently bought a GNU Ladies Choice 151.5 for a sick price (last years model), just waiting for it to come in just in time for the down under snow season.

Here's the thing I'm now getting a little freaked out though... have I gone too big? Should have I gotten the 148.5?

I'm intermediate (but progressing fast, surfing and skating since I was 6 might have something to do with it). This will be my first set-up (sick of renting, also hoping to do a couple of trips to Japan and NZ over the next couple of years so want my own gear). I bought the board as an all-mountain (will be my only board), but my goal is to get good in the park, start hitting some jumps/rails etc.

Will I be ok with the 151.5 or should I have gone smaller?

24WERD 03-27-2014 04:53 AM

for mt riding and jumps you are fine.

For rails you probably want to go smaller. And if it is jib tips or blunt tip then shorter like 145, depending on the board.

ridinbend 03-27-2014 04:55 AM

97 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by VictoriaGirl (Post 1644970)
Sorry to those who hate these types of threads, but I'd really love some awesome advice from you guys (so much so I stopped lurking and specifically created an account to do it!).

I'm an Aussie girl, 5'7, 145lbs and women's shoe 9. I have recently bought a GNU Ladies Choice 151.5 for a sick price (last years model), just waiting for it to come in just in time for the down under snow season.

Here's the thing I'm now getting a little freaked out though... have I gone too big? Should have I gotten the 148.5?

I'm intermediate (but progressing fast, surfing and skating since I was 6 might have something to do with it). This will be my first set-up (sick of renting, also hoping to do a couple of trips to Japan and NZ over the next couple of years so want my own gear). I bought the board as an all-mountain (will be my only board), but my goal is to get good in the park, start hitting some jumps/rails etc.

Will I be ok with the 151.5 or should I have gone smaller?

You are going to love your board. You won't have any problem with the size. My wife has the same.

wrathfuldeity 03-27-2014 08:27 AM

Great choice...Jamie Anderson's board. And since there is rocker in the middle, it will ride shorter than a comparable full cambered board. Progressing all mtn...better to be a tad long than a tad short. Ur going to love it.

Have a good winter down under.

hardasacatshead 03-27-2014 08:33 AM

You'll be fine my friend, should be perfect. In the grand scheme of things 3cm make very little difference anyway.

VictoriaGirl 03-27-2014 03:58 PM

Thanks so much guys, really appreciate you taking the time to reply! Stoked, you've definitely put my mind at rest. Hope it goes ok! Can't wait for the season to start!