Rome Targa bingings too small! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2009, 08:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
richedie

Default Rome Targa bingings too small!

Hey all,

I bought a new Rome Flag recently and and also picked up some new Rome Targa bindings. I realized my Burton Driver boots, size 13 are too big for the largest size Targa binding! This stinks because these bindings are great, I love the moldable tow strap rather than the fixed strap of the Burtons.

My boots fit fine in my old Burton Mission bindings and also fit fine on my brother's new Burton Mission bindings. I have been able to get around this a little by sliding my boot in horizontally hard, rather than stepping down. This seems to wedge it in place. Is this stupid, or do you all recoemmed Burton bindings in this case since they fit better.

Burton uses a three hole pattern so I don't know they will fit the Rome Flag.

Thanks!
Rich
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2009, 10:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by richedie View Post
Hey all,

I bought a new Rome Flag recently and and also picked up some new Rome Targa bindings. I realized my Burton Driver boots, size 13 are too big for the largest size Targa binding! This stinks because these bindings are great, I love the moldable tow strap rather than the fixed strap of the Burtons.

My boots fit fine in my old Burton Mission bindings and also fit fine on my brother's new Burton Mission bindings. I have been able to get around this a little by sliding my boot in horizontally hard, rather than stepping down. This seems to wedge it in place. Is this stupid, or do you all recoemmed Burton bindings in this case since they fit better.

Burton uses a three hole pattern so I don't know they will fit the Rome Flag.

Thanks!
Rich
well burton bindings have a 4 hole disc as well, did you try adjusting everything possible to make it fit? flow size XLs should work to for big feet too, and a much better alternative to burtons bindings imo.
Burton [ak] 2l Cyclic Jacket
Holden Northfield 3L pants
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 11:11 AM   #3 (permalink)
13rian

id just get other shoes, cz u can still use the board and bindings u too use.. iv got targas aswell and there great..
Old 02-22-2009, 09:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
richedie

I forgot Burton has an optional 4 hole disk. My brother's Burton is the 3 hole.

I don't want different boots. I have problems with my feet and it took me a while to find ones that fit well! Size 13 Burton Drivers are it. Sorry.

Yep, nothing left to adjust, The base fram is too narrow. I am not familiar with Flow XL!? Do they make the flexible moldable toe strap like the Targa? I love that more than the Burton toe strap because I'd be afraid of toe drag with that!

Since I am not familiar with the Flow, I have no idea if it will fit my boot. I may have to try local board shops first. At least I know Burtons will work but the ones on their site look like they don't have the toe strap that cups the toe for better support! I would want this if I couldn't find the Targa design.

Last edited by richedie; 02-22-2009 at 09:47 PM.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:09 AM   #5 (permalink)
richedie

bump for advice.

If anyone knows about the Burton Primo and Ultra Cap strap, could you fill me in?

Last edited by richedie; 02-23-2009 at 09:31 AM.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:42 AM   #6 (permalink)
richedie

bump for help.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:44 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by richedie View Post
bump for advice.

If anyone knows about the Burton Primo and Ultra Cap strap, could you fill me in?
what do you want to know about them? its a strap...
Old 02-24-2009, 01:04 PM   #8 (permalink)

I have Targas.. this reallllly difficult to type to explain but try and follow along. you may have done this.

If your looking at the bindings from the backside, look for the 'U' shaped metal piece that the highback sits on.. That 'U' bar can be pulled back when you unscrew those screws around the base.. also there are screws you can loosen the piece where your toes sit.. pull that forward and pull the 'U' backward and you should have the largest size you possible for those bindings.
3vod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 04:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
richedie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3vod View Post
I have Targas.. this reallllly difficult to type to explain but try and follow along. you may have done this.

If your looking at the bindings from the backside, look for the 'U' shaped metal piece that the highback sits on.. That 'U' bar can be pulled back when you unscrew those screws around the base.. also there are screws you can loosen the piece where your toes sit.. pull that forward and pull the 'U' backward and you should have the largest size you possible for those bindings.
Thanks, I tried that but it didn't help and actually made things worse. The problem is the width of the frame which can not be altered. I'll have to sell these and get the Burtons I know fit me well. Shame, these are new.

On the strap, I was curious which was the molded toe cap and which was the convertible strap that could be used as a traditional strap or toe cap like the targa strap. It is hard to determine from the picture.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

as far as i know, none of burtons cap straps are truly convertible, the new one with the hole looks like it can be used as both but im not sure...