tbt vs reverse camber - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2009, 07:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default tbt vs reverse camber

has anyone riden both and which do u perfer?

currently im riding a 09 uninc 155 this year for the most part, havent touch my old boards it rides great and awesome on jumps. but i feel it does lack a bit in the jibbing/buttering department (my old boards arent great and definitely not made for park). so basically ive narrowed it down to 2 types of boards reverse camber like the burton hero or lib tech skate banana, etc OR tbt which is basically only bataleon boards (look these up if u dont know what they are, pretty sick concept).

How many ppl prefer one to the other?
slanteye is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2009, 09:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Riding both this year, I prefer the TBT base. If Bataleon adds magnetraction or a similar technology, I'd prob never ride another brand again.

Official Gear List: http://www.snowboardingforum.com/blo...gear-list.html
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 02:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

the UN INC is pretty stiff, definetly a solid jumping board though.
though everytime this thread comes up i say the same thing: the best board ever would be a 0 camber bataleon. the skatey feel of rocker, and some more pop then a regular rocker.

if i had to pick one or the otherrrr i would say tbt, but i feel like bataleon is not too far away from making a rockered board..
Burton [ak] 2l Cyclic Jacket
Holden Northfield 3L pants
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 02:46 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmacphee9 View Post
the UN INC is pretty stiff, definetly a solid jumping board though.
though everytime this thread comes up i say the same thing: the best board ever would be a 0 camber bataleon. the skatey feel of rocker, and some more pop then a regular rocker.

if i had to pick one or the otherrrr i would say tbt, but i feel like bataleon is not too far away from making a rockered board..
i hope they dont. they've been advertising against rockers and
how TBT gives all the benefits of camber without the cons of
rocker. i would hate to see a brand like bataleon fall into the
trend, but making money is first priority for any company.

I <3 my TBT.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:30 AM   #5 (permalink)

are bataleons cambered? and do they perform well on ice? i live on the east coast and im really interested in getting a bataleon for next year
baldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 09:00 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Check out the Omatic Extr-Eco next season. It's reverse camber and "TBT" combined into one.

I think that if Bataleon doesn't do some sort of rocker design, they're going to get left in the dust in the next few seasons. A double rocker (Think Never Summer) + TBT would be sick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy
are bataleons cambered? and do they perform well on ice? i live on the east coast and im really interested in getting a bataleon for next year
Yes, the Bataleon is cambered and they perform pretty well on ice. Not as good as the Never Summer with the Vario Power Grip or a Lib with MTX - but the Bataleon is no slouch either.
Gnarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 09:08 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnarly View Post
Check out the Omatic Extr-Eco next season. It's reverse camber and "TBT" combined into one.

I think that if Bataleon doesn't do some sort of rocker design, they're going to get left in the dust in the next few seasons. A double rocker (Think Never Summer) + TBT would be sick!

Yes, the Bataleon is cambered and they perform pretty well on ice. Not as good as the Never Summer with the Vario Power Grip or a Lib with MTX - but the Bataleon is no slouch either.
haha i asked this in another post but i don't think i got an answer, i actually have the sl-r and i notice that it grips the ice farely well. but i just don't understand the concept of how it works. mtx is serrated and creates more contact points but to me vario grip is still just 2 contact points on each edge.
baldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:02 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Ive ridden both and TBT rocks my shit.

It transfers edges for you, butters like crazy, my enemy, with a 15mm setback, and the stiffest in their line can tackle rails like it was made for it.
RidePowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:43 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidePowder View Post
Ive ridden both and TBT rocks my shit.

It transfers edges for you, butters like crazy, my enemy, with a 15mm setback, and the stiffest in their line can tackle rails like it was made for it.
Justin Lamoreux of the Canadian Snowboard team uses an Enemy and does half pipes I think - I'm getting one of his used Enemy's this week. He's selling a few used bataleons and I'll see if I can get a list and prices
v-verb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 04:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-verb View Post
Justin Lamoreux of the Canadian Snowboard team uses an Enemy and does half pipes I think - I'm getting one of his used Enemy's this week. He's selling a few used bataleons and I'll see if I can get a list and prices
Good luck with that. I'm sure he's really busy and not on the comp much, but reponses take him several days at a time.

Official Gear List: http://www.snowboardingforum.com/blo...gear-list.html
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote