Neversummer vs Capita ? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2009, 09:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Salska

Default Neversummer vs Capita ?

hey all, looking ahead to a new board and ive heard great things about capitas and everyone seems to love the neversummer boards here.

Im 5'7-5'8 and weigh around 125 size 9 boot
I do mostly all mountain and getting into the park recently, so i need a board that can hit everywhere.

I asked earlier about the capita starimaster/scaremaster but now im also looking at some neversummer stuff.

So what you think:

Capita stairmaster/scaremaster

OR

Neversummer system

?

Any other board suggestions would be great
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2009, 09:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
DennisK

Everyone loves Never Summer for their free ride boards and their durability, everyone loves capita for their park boards. I thought the System was mainly a park board though, and not for all mountain.

Theres alot of love for the Bataleon Evil Twin, a pretty sick park board, not too expensive and you can take it all over the mountain. But it excels at the park. I'd recommend that.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
powpowjunkie

You will never go wrong with a neversummer. They are pricey but will last a lifetime if you take care of them. I will never buy anything else.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:14 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I just picked up a stairmaster and rode it for the first time today. Its definetly not meant for charging down blues/blacks. It is a park board that can be taken out of the park for warmup laps, but thats about it. It doesn't hold a great edge down blues or steep blacks, but it does great off of small/medium kickers, and boxes/rails. If you are looking for a more all mountain board, then look at some of the other options in the capita line, or the NS SL-R
redlude97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 01:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

i can take my stairmaster down blacks easy here, its a great all around board, but its true home is the park and it loves every second. if were going dollar for dollar capita wins hands down imo, and capitas are just as long lasting as neversummers; the two most abusable companies out there..
Burton [ak] 2l Cyclic Jacket
Holden Northfield 3L pants
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 02:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmacphee9 View Post
i can take my stairmaster down blacks easy here, its a great all around board, but its true home is the park and it loves every second. if were going dollar for dollar capita wins hands down imo, and capitas are just as long lasting as neversummers; the two most abusable companies out there..
Yes, I can make it down blacks okay, but when compared to other all mountain boards such as my GNU Rider's Choice MTX, or Ride Concept TMS, it is definitely the most chattery with the least amount of edge hold. Its home is in the park. It has great pop and a reasonable amount of flex, and it definitely has a spot in my quiver, but IMO there are much better options for boards that can ride everywhere.
redlude97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:04 AM   #7 (permalink)
13rian

der alot ov love for capitas and neversummer on ths forum. but people never mention stuff like a nitro t1 and t2, which are a great allmoutain park boards, especially the T2, its aggressive and stiffer then a rome agent, which makes it better for allmoutain and it still kicks a** in the park.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:24 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmacphee9 View Post
You gotta remember, what we call blacks out here on the West coast are much different than Midwest/east coast blacks...Im not sure where you from

Oh and it sounds like you want an NS Evo-R, i would say SLR but at 125lbs the smallest board you can get is a 151 which would probably be too big for any park stuff for you.
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:36 AM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I've used the stairmaster on very steep hardpacked/ice combo, and powder runs, charging them on and off. It is a softer board by far contrast to the norm and takes a good deal of instincts and feeling things out to know how to use it when going fast down a hill on particularly powder runs where criss crossed pathes are all over making for soft, but little bastard bumps to get over.

However it is doable, I charge harder than the majority by far and it's easily doable, just need to remember you have to ride it a lot more sensitive and stay focused on getting feedback or rather "feet"back to know what do and react. I was flying off noels this weekend on powder runs and loved it charging them not backing down. Although I prefer my other board for the powder type of terrain for pushing through it better, it can be done, just need to adjust your style a bit and learn how to adapt to the different board.

For ice/hardpacked, nothing is noticeable IMO carving or so forth (unless comparing to an all mountain board) until you try turning too sharp at a certain speed and if you catch a bump. The only time I ever encounter shattering is if I try drastically switching the board to a full front or back stopping position (facing down the hill or up the hill) going down a hill that's very steep or slowing down, and hitting a few bumps in the terrain to instigating it to shatter.

Screw being normal

Last edited by Vlaze; 02-23-2009 at 11:40 AM.
Vlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:40 AM   #10 (permalink)
bildo16

You will get more reward in the park with a Capita.