First time snowboarder: Binding adjustments? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2009, 09:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
mloen987

Question First time snowboarder: Binding adjustments?

Hi,
I recently bought Men's firefly bindings and my first snowboard (also firefly). I'm goofy foot.
I have a harder time turning to my left.
I was wondering what a good beginners stance for the bindings and how to set the degrees on them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2009, 11:33 PM   #2 (permalink)

That's toeside, a lot of beginners usually have trouble going that way. Take a look at your technique when going toeside as well. I've had friends learning who keep changing their stance angles and never get comfortable with anything, since their setup is constantly changing.

With toeside, you want to keep those knees bent, and not necessarily try to stand on your toes, but push your shin forward into your boot. This will provide pressure on the edge and helps with knee bend. It'll bend your ankle up, instead of 'lifting your heel' like a lot of people try to do.

A normal beginner stance would be in between 15-20 for the front binding and something 5 to -5 on the back binding (usually zero).
UncleRico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 11:59 PM   #3 (permalink)

Actually when I started, all the rental places and shop I bought my first board from set me up 15/-12

But really, even at the beginner level, binding angles are all preference. As long as your boot is centered over your board, you should have even toe and heelside response. It's more a technique issue I'm thinking at this point. You should take a look at the Tips/Tricks section. There are a lot of great guides/howtos
markee is offline   Reply With Quote