Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   What's the worst idea you've ever had while snowboarding? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/136881-whats-worst-idea-youve-ever-had.html)

ListenUp 03-30-2014 09:22 PM

What's the worst idea you've ever had while snowboarding?

I've had some pretty bad ideas, especially when I was doing some street rails and after I came off it I didn't stop in time and rode right into the street where I very almost got hit by a car... But instead it swerved into the sidewalk...
I have been a lot more careful since then. How about you guys? Have you ever done something (that at the time you thought was a great idea) that turned out horribly or narrowly avoided something terrible?

koi 03-30-2014 09:59 PM

22 shots of jager

sprained ankle, tweaked knee, and almost dislocated my shoulder...woke up buck naked, with my shower running for 10 hours straight, and missed a dinner with three european chicks.

funny thing is one of the girls i was suppose have dinner with had almost the exact same story for missing the dinner, only differences were her passing out with all her gear on (including boots), and her roommate turned off the shower when she found her passed out...obviously we were riding together that day.

timmytard 03-31-2014 03:47 AM

Built this dope little jump, always wanted to do back flips into the lake.

The very first time I used it. I dig a head first scorpion underwater.

Pretty sure I landed on a rake or something?

Every 2 inches something pierced me, from the top of my dome, right down my face.

What ever it was, was long enough to pierce through my nose, then bust the top of one of my front teeth, then continue right into my nasal cavity.

When I sneezed, the air pressure would push air into where the root of my tooth used to be.:dizzy: Take a guess, think that hurts?

They did a shit ass job cleaning it at the hospital.

When I woke up the next day:dizzy:
Both my eyes were swollen shut, I didn't know what the fuck to do.

I fumbled around until I could find a metal spoon, had to be my own corner man for this round.:thumbsdown:

Worked the blood out exactly how a corner man would.:eusa_clap:

My neighbor told me to put a warm wet cloth on it, well...

When I took the cloth off all the scabs came off.

What happened next, was one of the nastiest things I've ever seen:ohmy:

It was like someone was pouring a picture off beer on my head:icon_scratch:

But it wasn't beer, it was pus.:omg: You have no idea.

One of the gashes on my dome turned into an abscess, bigger than a quarter. It was rotting, I could smell it, the sides were collapsing & it was growing. How you doing ladies.

all together, lost three teeth, 40 plus stitches, compressed a couple disks in my neck & left the jump there.

I brought a full face goalie face mask, I wore the very first jump, that was it.
I was nailing back flips all day, then some stupid kid asked if I could do a front flip.

That was my only attempt at one. Weak.

Learning to Fly - Jun~0001 - YouTube

TT

koi 03-31-2014 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timmytard (Post 1653225)

That was my only attempt at one. Weak.

Learning to Fly - Jun~0001 - YouTube

TT

Was that hospital bed picture you? Dude, that sucks but at least the way you told the story was hilarious.

chomps1211 03-31-2014 12:51 PM

TT! All I can say in response to that story is,...

....DAMN!!!!

Son, between this and some of the other tales you've posted? You are lucky to still be among us! :thumbsup: (...hope you've learned to seek a second opinion on summa those "great ideas!" ) ;)