Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   help a noob out? CRC vs RCR vs TBT (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/137001-help-noob-out-crc-vs-rcr.html)

tony the homie 03-31-2014 07:13 PM

help a noob out? CRC vs RCR vs TBT

so I was convinced into buying a NS evo by a friend last summer but after this season feel its too small for me. I'm 155 - 160 lbs and its a 150 cm.

Started looking at new boards when I got home from Jay Peak this weekend and have been wondering what the biggest differences are between camber - rocker - camber and the opposite, rocker - camber rocker hybrid profiles are. From what I have read/heard RCR is a more surfy perhaps? not quite sure. TBT sounds interesting too but I don't think I'd buy one without trying it out first.

I'd like to get a board that I can use all over the mountain. I flock to pow when its there, otherwise I like glades and groomers over park riding but dont want to limit myself to just that. I know, I probably cant have the cake and eat it too but I've heard the happy hour and rome mod rocker can handle most things, is there any other boards I should look at? I ride mostly at Mt snow and some smaller local mountains with the occasional trip far north.

Also, please tell me if its all in my head and the Evo should be fine for what I'm doing, it'd save me some money.

F1EA 03-31-2014 07:55 PM

It's all in your head AND you need a new board :D

tony the homie 03-31-2014 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by F1EA (Post 1654993)
It's all in your head AND you need a new board :D

:blink: Uh oh lol theres an answer I wasn't expecting

F1EA 03-31-2014 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony the homie (Post 1655009)
:blink: Uh oh lol theres an answer I wasn't expecting

LOL
Just kidding. (Though not really). If it feels too short for you, then it is. Based on what I prefer, you'd be pretty solid at around 155/156cm (depends on the board, but likely 154-157 from park to all mtn and 156-160 from all mtn to pow).

CRC in general feels more surfy and loose (how much, it depends on how much R it has) than RCR. RCR is a bit more precise, stable and more pop (again, depending on how much C it has).

tony the homie 03-31-2014 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by F1EA (Post 1655017)
LOL
Just kidding. (Though not really). If it feels too short for you, then it is. Based on what I prefer, you'd be pretty solid at around 155/156cm.

CRC in general feels more surfy and loose (how much, it depends on how much R it has) than RCR. RCR is a bit more precise, stable and more pop (again, depending on how much C it has).

ok im glad someone could clarify that for me.. i may end up picking up something this summer. i like the surfy feel but wasnt sure if there was something with or of it, so youre saying stick to the NS RC or something similar?

F1EA 03-31-2014 08:52 PM

Depends in what you want. If your current board feels good, except too short... then stick to something similar.

If you want to try something else, then look into other profiles.
Edit: so for example, if you want to kick ass, go fast and rip, get this RCR for $125 http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ity-156-a.html

Rocker-flat-rocker is also pretty versatile. Floats well, tracks well for groomers/ice and is really stable. Downside is probably not so much pop/energy.

Hope that helps!

speedjason 03-31-2014 10:23 PM

whats between the bindings will be what the board feels like. for example rocker-camber-rocker board will feel like a camber board more.

tony the homie 03-31-2014 11:32 PM

yes thank you to both of you that explains alot to me. I feel like i at least know what im looking at now when im going through boards and can decide what i want. big help guys! :thumbsup:

thatkidwho 04-01-2014 02:14 AM

I switched to a rocker flat rocker this year from a traditional camber. It rides really well. It does have less pop in the middle though. Tip and tail both have a sweet spot with lots pop and its been interesting finding it.

tony the homie 04-01-2014 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thatkidwho (Post 1655505)
I switched to a rocker flat rocker this year from a traditional camber. It rides really well. It does have less pop in the middle though. Tip and tail both have a sweet spot with lots pop and its been interesting finding it.

Im pretty sure the rome mod is rocker flat rocker.. thats the board im leaning towards getting if i make a purchase