k2 happy hour '13 vs '14 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2014, 11:27 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default k2 happy hour '13 vs '14

Hey guys, basically I have my mind set on the K2 happy hour, but now I'm wondering if I should go with the 2012/2013 model or the 2013/2014 model of this year! The 12/13 model had the plain color graphics, this year has a photographer giving the graphics, but I don't care about that (just put it in so you guys know which ones I'm talking about). Does anyone have any idea on the differences between these two? I did a lot of research and haven't been able to find a good set of differences besides the profiles, and even in those I'm confused. I'm not sure what the differences are, if any, between these two models. I can get both for fairly the same price (2014 is $20 more by me which isn't a big deal). So I was wondering which is best, and what are they best for? Thank you all so much in advance, the last thread I made really helped me solidify my decision for this board, now it comes down to this! Thank you all!

The style I ride: all mountain, but really want to get more into park, but really don't want to sacrifice the ride by getting a noodle board that is only for park. I hate to say it, but I want the best of both worlds, and I'm not sure which of these happy hour's would give me the best. Also, if someone can explain the profiles (camber, flatline, etc) between these two boards to me, that'd be amazing. Thanks!
chaoechidna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2014, 11:40 AM   #2 (permalink)

I am pretty sure the older happy hour was flatline, and did not fare as well in the reviews as the newer model. The newer one I believe is RCR, giving it better edge hold and more pop/liveliness. The newer one also won transworld good wood award for what it's worth. I would go with the newer one, definitely
ryannorthcott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 11:33 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryannorthcott View Post
I am pretty sure the older happy hour was flatline, and did not fare as well in the reviews as the newer model. The newer one I believe is RCR, giving it better edge hold and more pop/liveliness. The newer one also won transworld good wood award for what it's worth. I would go with the newer one, definitely
Thanks a lot bud! Because of your post, I did more research and rewatched/reread every review/vid review on both boards, and I took the plunge and went with the new one! Let's see if they deliver it to me (I don't trust online sites), and then I can't wait for next winter!!!
chaoechidna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
board, happy hour, k2 board, k2 happy hour, vs.