Flex - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2007, 09:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
mcgee1516

Default Flex

Hey, im getting a new board this season and i def want something with a softer flex. My old k2 felt as stiff as a 2X4. I was first looking at a Forum destoyer but i started to hear bad things like the topsheet cracking etc., a lot of people say their qualities gone down since they got bought out by Burton. I'm looking into Rome's and possibly Burton, but im trying to steer away from Burton because pretty much all of my friends have them. I want something that has a decent amount of flex but not too much, any suggestions? im 6'1, 170, 12 boot. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2007, 10:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned Bananas [national phenomenon]

What type of K2 did you have? Are you looking for a noodley park flex, or a soft freeride flex?

alaric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 10:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
mcgee1516

i had an old k2 fatbob...it was riciulously wide and really stiff. i would probably want something in between park and freeride flex, like something i could butter around on pretty easily but not too soft to manage.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
storrisch

this is going to become my default mindless plug but I recommend the LibTech SkateBanana. Stiff tip and tail, good flex in the center, and magnetraction.

direct recommendation for someone your size from Pete Saari at Mervin Mfg. would be to ride a 156 SB.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:46 PM   #5 (permalink)

Banana Tech/MT is try before you buy though...remember, these boards don't have your typical camber/straight edges (respectively), which means the feel of the board changes, and some people like it, some don't.
boarderaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 01:02 AM   #6 (permalink)
djcuba908

Lib Tech Skate Bananna is a great choice, but again will take getting used to the first couple of times. However, some good options that fit what you're looking for might be the Gnu Rider's Choice or Lib Tech Travis Rice (for the Travis Rice choose a park specific size, they have sizes for park riding and sizes for pow-pow). The Lib-Tech TRS is also a good choice for people with bigger feet. However, if these boards are out of your price range, check out the Gnu Carbon Hi-Beams; they come in a ton of sizes and are a great all around choice.
Old 10-20-2007, 01:55 AM   #7 (permalink)
Lasto

I would like to try to take a Bananna Tech out for a ride this season. The reverse camber seems like a pretty interesting take on a board. They market it as working perfectly as a jibbing, carving, ice jumps, parks, pow, and steeps board.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:53 AM   #8 (permalink)
mcgee1516

yea i'm seriously considering the Gnu Carbon High Beam now. Does anyone have thoughts on Rome? or maybe Capita?
Old 10-22-2007, 10:14 AM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Rome is great... the Carbon High Beam is an awesome all around board though for peeps on a budget. A bit soft from what I'm told but that should suit what you're looking for
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote