Crazy sizing problem with FLOW NXT bindings - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2009, 10:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Default Crazy sizing problem with FLOW NXT bindings

I tried to pick up a pair of Flows for my Nitro Sub Pop. I wear a size 9 boot. I tried the large bindings and the strap was a little too big. No big deal, but the unadjustable high back is so far back that no matter how I set the binding, the heel hangs over way too much. So no matter how I situate the base plate and adjust the toe and heel ramps to center the boot over the binding, I can never technically center the boot over the board.

9 is at the upper limit of the sizing chart for medium bindings, so i tried that route. The high back is too narrow, and too short. The strap is too small. But the base of the binding is pretty much the perfect size for centering the binding over the board and the boot over the board. But the high back and the strap are kind of miniature. I'm pretty good at setting up bindings. I have my k2 autos set perfectly overtop of my Bataleon goliath board.

Anyone else have these problems?
phile00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2009, 09:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
rutger1413

I just got "The five" today. Size Large. For the NTX it looks like you have to move the high back all the way forward on the screw axis it is on. With the five, i only have 2 holes to put the highback screws in, and i had to move it to the front most one.
Then adjust the wire that is holding it. My adjustment was underneath the binding for the wire. Once i did that, my size 9 boots fit perfectly. The toe of the binding should be able to move to give them even overhang.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutger1413 View Post
I just got "The five" today. Size Large. For the NTX it looks like you have to move the high back all the way forward on the screw axis it is on. With the five, i only have 2 holes to put the highback screws in, and i had to move it to the front most one.
Then adjust the wire that is holding it. My adjustment was underneath the binding for the wire. Once i did that, my size 9 boots fit perfectly. The toe of the binding should be able to move to give them even overhang.
I didn't think the high back was adjustable on the NXT at all? It looked like the hole it was screwed into was the only one there... do you have more info?
Old 02-26-2009, 11:36 AM   #4 (permalink)
rutger1413

Your right, thats only for the M series. In the book for my bindings it shows that you loosen the screw holding the highback in then re-tighten it. Do this for both sides of the highback. If you have the instruction manual, look at the front cover page figure 5. Let me know if this helps. Page 7 will tell you about this adjustment.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Your right, thats only for the M series. In the book for my bindings it shows that you loosen the screw holding the highback in then re-tighten it. Do this for both sides of the highback. If you have the instruction manual, look at the front cover page figure 5. Let me know if this helps. Page 7 will tell you about this adjustment.
Ok, i'll check it out in a few mins and let you know.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I just checked, there's no way I can move the highback forward at all. There are no adjustments for it. The cable is the only thing I can move.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
rutger1413

Try calling flow and see what they say. According to the instruction manual it says they should be able to move. Maybe a freak accident occured and you got the wrong highbacks. Thats all i can think of.

Maybe post some pics of your bindings and the inside of the them.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Try calling flow and see what they say. According to the instruction manual it says they should be able to move. Maybe a freak accident occured and you got the wrong highbacks. Thats all i can think of.

Maybe post some pics of your bindings and the inside of the them.
You were right dude. I called flow. The person I was talking to said the problem is that it looks like you can't adjust it at all. If you unscrew the housing for the wire and also unscrew the high back, you can slide it forward!

I'm a doofus.

Thanks for the help!
Old 02-26-2009, 02:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
rutger1413

The sliding mechanism is well hidden. It doesnt say anywhere that you have to move the wire first in the manual.

Glad to help.