Can you detune tips/tail with a power tool? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2009, 09:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
Blue Streak

Default Burton Chopper Board

Just an fyi for anyone buying a board for the little guys.

My son has been using a Burton Chopper for last season and this one. It will be too small for him next yaer but it held up very well. He progressed quickly - is already in the terrain park and the board has survived all he has thrown at it. The price was reasonable and the Board Store we got it from will give us 50% back on board and bindings in year 1 or 25% in year 2. Since he has these for 2 I will probably sell on ebay and get more for the equipment.

Last edited by Blue Streak; 02-25-2009 at 09:41 AM. Reason: wrong one posted
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2009, 09:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
VinXXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Streak View Post
Ok - I know I can... but is it unwise? I have just about every power tool imaginable and am just wondering if it would be safe to use something like a Dremel tool, air die grinder or or 4 1/2 disc grinder with either diamond stones or metal grinding discs.

I also have the regular metal files that that require "manual" labor

Anyhow - just wondering if anyone has input on the matter. If not I will play safe and do the manual route. I dont want to use a power tool just to find out and as soon as I touch the edging - the board gets cut in a few mm's
You could use a dremel, but the amount of manual labor required to de-tune edges doesn't justify it in my opinion. I have many years experience as a tech, and I've never used a power tool for de-tuning. Best off using a file, and finish it it off with a diamond stone, to de-bur it all nice and smooth. Takes less than 10 minutes.

Last edited by VinXXX; 02-25-2009 at 09:47 AM. Reason: wtf?
Old 02-25-2009, 10:14 AM   #3 (permalink)

I would go with the manual routine. It may take slighlty longer but is much safer for the edges.
Technine Icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:27 AM   #4 (permalink)
13rian

u cnt ever call de-tuning a board labor, its 10 min work.. why risk ****ing up ur board with a powertool if manual is saffer and just as easy..
Old 02-25-2009, 10:39 AM   #5 (permalink)
Blue Streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13rian View Post
u cnt ever call de-tuning a board labor, its 10 min work.. why risk ****ing up ur board with a powertool if manual is saffer and just as easy..
when you are my age almost everything is labor!
Old 02-25-2009, 12:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
13rian

haha that mite be tru but using power tools when ur my age(and havnt gt any expernce) ur bound 2 mess up ur board:P