Jibstick / flatland / butterboard advice - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2009, 09:41 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Jibstick / flatland / butterboard advice

Hey guys - I'm looking for some board advice. I've currently got a 09 GNU Rider's Choice BTX 158w. I love it but I'm getting more into jibbing and flatland tricks and I'm finding it pretty stiff for those. I'm out in the east and in Ontario so there's not a lot of big mountains or powder... so I'm happy to use this board for cruising around, hitting jumps and the pipe.

I'm looking for a really soft board to pretty much just goof around with. I've got a bunch of friends into boarding and I got my girlfriend learning too. So it'd be nice to have a real flexy board that I could goof around with and do butters and other flatland stuff when I'm with them as they're learning. Plus it'd be nice to have for park days as well. I borrowed my little bro's 155 K2 WWW the other day and I had a blast on it.

Here's what I'm considering:

Bataleon Airobic
K2 WWW
Capita Stair/Scaremaster - although I heard these are kinda stiff too... I want something much flexier than my Rider's choice... any input?
Rome Artifact
Salomon Sanchez

Any input? As far as sizing - I'm 5 foot 11 and 200 (and dropping, should be at 180 by next season). I was thinking around a 155-157. I'm not concerned at all about keeping up speed or doing blacks with this board. Also - I have a size 11.5 and ride a pair of large cartels. Can I get away with a non-wide board since I'm not at all concerned with carving on this board?
oni5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2009, 10:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

the stairmaster is softer than the RC, but certainly not a noodle. Its butterable but not great at it. If you don't plan on taking your board out of the park/flatlands or going off of big jumps, then one of the other options is probably a lot better than the stairmaster, but if you want something you can take everywhere and still be okay in the flatland and off jibs then get the stairmaster. Another option would be the ride kink. Although since you already ride a BTX board, you should just get like a K2 WWW rocker or NS EVO-R
redlude97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:04 AM   #3 (permalink)

I ride a non-wide board and I wear a size 11 with Large customs so I think you should be alright, might want to demo it first though.

also, I think you might want to consider going a bit smaller on the board size

I can't say too much about those boards (haven't ridden them) except that you may want to add the Nitro sub-pop to that list.
Enigmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
13rian

id go for the artifact or the www.. the www is REALLY soft, i meant REALLY.. id go for the artifact(hase those nice bronse edges) capita is a great board but if u just want 2 do park rails then u better of with www or artifact..
Old 02-25-2009, 11:09 AM   #5 (permalink)

Airobic.

TBT lets you get away with sooo much .
markee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 11:35 AM   #6 (permalink)

i would go with the airobic. i just picked one up and took it out last saturday at hunter mountain. it was a bit icy (as usual) and the def airobic held its own. im about 200lbs and was riding the 155, wanted a shorter board since i am mainly trying to learn park right now. was able to carve nicely and transitioning edge to edge was super smooth. its def great on sketch landings and jibs really well too. tbt is def awesome, really hard to catch an edge which def helps when ur just trying to goof off and learn ground tricks or getting away with less than perfect landings. its prob a little too soft for big booters, but great off rollers and the smaller kickers. i didnt think it was too soft overall, but just right at least for where i am right now in skill level (intermediate freerider but beginner in the park). check out "gnarly"'s review on the airobic somewhere around here on the forum, its pretty comprehensive and should give you more insight on it.

i use size 10.5 burton sabbaths and was rocking a pair of large cartels and it was absolutely fine on its 252 ww.
talman3eb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 01:32 PM   #7 (permalink)

Thanks, I'll read some more into the Airobic!
oni5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 01:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
palkovic

maybe you should look into the bataleon fun.kink soooo soft and great for jibs and that tbt is aaaamazing
Old 02-25-2009, 02:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

if you want the easiest to butter board you can get its the bataleon airobic, that board is tons of fun..the capita is butterable as well, if you cant butter it you cant butter lol
Burton [ak] 2l Cyclic Jacket
Holden Northfield 3L pants
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 04:18 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oni5000 View Post
Hey guys - I'm looking for some board advice. I've currently got a 09 GNU Rider's Choice BTX 158w. I love it but I'm getting more into jibbing and flatland tricks and I'm finding it pretty stiff for those. I'm out in the east and in Ontario so there's not a lot of big mountains or powder... so I'm happy to use this board for cruising around, hitting jumps and the pipe.

I'm looking for a really soft board to pretty much just goof around with. I've got a bunch of friends into boarding and I got my girlfriend learning too. So it'd be nice to have a real flexy board that I could goof around with and do butters and other flatland stuff when I'm with them as they're learning. Plus it'd be nice to have for park days as well. I borrowed my little bro's 155 K2 WWW the other day and I had a blast on it.

Here's what I'm considering:

Bataleon Airobic
K2 WWW
Capita Stair/Scaremaster - although I heard these are kinda stiff too... I want something much flexier than my Rider's choice... any input?
Rome Artifact
Salomon Sanchez

Any input? As far as sizing - I'm 5 foot 11 and 200 (and dropping, should be at 180 by next season). I was thinking around a 155-157. I'm not concerned at all about keeping up speed or doing blacks with this board. Also - I have a size 11.5 and ride a pair of large cartels. Can I get away with a non-wide board since I'm not at all concerned with carving on this board?
i am glad to hear i am not the only one finding the 09 RC board to be a little tough to butter!! I thought it was just me!
VenomousSVT is offline   Reply With Quote