Endeavor Next, Rossi Krypto, NS Chairman, Unity Dominion - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2014, 09:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Endeavor Next, Rossi Krypto, NS Chairman, Unity Dominion

Anyone ridden all these and can give fairly good objective perspective on each? Looking at more off-piste/ backcountry riding, not pow specific. Endeavor gets a good wrap but then I saw Bart carving one of these boards and overflexing the nose which knocked him. Rossi, well mtx always has divided view, Chairman looks like it would take 99 percent of people for a ride (Bart seems to like it) and Unity, Pete Wurster changed the shape of the 2015 Dominion to have a long rise nose similar to his Whale model. Interested to hear thoughts
JVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2014, 01:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Perhaps not going to help much... but at least bring some opinion so that more people chime in......

In terms of the Next, why would you look at an Eurocarving on groomer video to assess it's handling on off-piste/bc powder riding?

I would probably discard the Rossi, just because they have such short effective edge compare to the size. It would actually be beneficial in pow, but since you've referred to the carving videos... maybe you want more edge? Also it has magnetraction, which i don't love for pow; and it's not really that stiff... no carbon i think.

Slash straight. Have you looked into it? seems to me just what you're looking for.

The Endeavor Next has only 1 tip-tail carbon stringer plus tail carbon, maybe that's why it doesnt have a very stiff nose for groomer carving. It is much more of a pow board than a euro carver. Endeavor has a board called Board of Directors which has the whole set of carbon stringers... but is maybe much more poweder/freestyle than what you're looking for... The slash straight also has all that carbon.

Otherwise, the Dominion looks solid.

Last edited by F1EA; 04-13-2014 at 01:11 PM.
F1EA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 02:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVee View Post
Anyone ridden all these and can give fairly good objective perspective on each? Looking at more off-piste/ backcountry riding, not pow specific. Endeavor gets a good wrap but then I saw Bart carving one of these boards and overflexing the nose which knocked him. Rossi, well mtx always has divided view, Chairman looks like it would take 99 percent of people for a ride (Bart seems to like it) and Unity, Pete Wurster changed the shape of the 2015 Dominion to have a long rise nose similar to his Whale model. Interested to hear thoughts
FWIW I don't think the Chairman is going to be that difficult of a ride for most people. I'm a very average rider - advanced intermediate at best, and I didn't find it to be a challenging ride at all.
buggravy is offline   Reply With Quote