Ride Dh as starter? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2009, 12:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
xavier929

Default Ride Dh as starter?

I just started snowboarding 3 weeks ago and ive gone 5 times, so my friend ive been going with offered is gona give me his 09 ride dh 155 for 50$(im 5' 8'' 160lb and wear a size 10), He said it might be kinda hard to learn on but that shouldnt be a big issue sence im going so much.

When i went online it says its an advanced bord, and every where i look on how to pick your snowboard says to do it by skill level, and im defently not advancd yet.

So would geting this snowboard be a good idea or should i get a difrent board for my first board?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2009, 12:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
13rian

its a really good board.. its nice and soft for a beginner, but u can still ride it wen ur a pro, GREAT board, btw for 50$!! dude evn if it wer a bad board for a beginner id get it, if u dont buy it i will:P,,
Old 02-25-2009, 12:26 PM   #3 (permalink)

For that price, I think that's the perfect board to learn on. I'm 5'11" 145 - 150 lbs, and I learned on an 08 155 DH. by advanced, I believe they mean it's geared toward advanced freestyle riders. However the fact that it's a freestyle board means it's pretty flexible, so it will be easy to turn/maneuver as you're learning. It's also a reasonably good all mountain board, so you'll get use out of it for a while. For that price I highly recommend it, based on my experience.
buggravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 12:36 PM   #4 (permalink)

A '09 DH for $50 is never a bad idea, plus like already mentioned, its soft and forgiving, so it should be a good board to learn on.
mike v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 12:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

its a really good board and you cant beat the price. it will probably chatter on you when you start to bomb runs but you prolly wont have to worry about that for a while. GET IT!
Old 02-25-2009, 12:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
13rian

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.J. View Post
its a really good board and you cant beat the price. it will probably chatter on you when you start to bomb runs but you prolly wont have to worry about that for a while. GET IT!
dude, this guy is just starting off, he issnt gonna be bomming runs runs for ages..

ride DH is a allmoutain park board, that means it will prefonm good over the whole moutain, only advanced riders will get this board 2 loose edge or chatter. dnt worry about that..
it comperable 2 a rome agent, which iv got and love.
i use itover the whole moutain9 tho i paid 550$ for it:S)
Old 02-25-2009, 12:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
xavier929

Cool, Thanks for the help =D