A Cruiser... share experiences please? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2009, 01:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Default A Cruiser... share experiences please?

...no I'm not talking about the Burton board...

I'm thinking of getting a good cruising board... of course I want it to be good for power, but as I live on the east coast, I also need something that will hold up well in icier conditions.

I'd like to point out that I know there are threads about SOME cruisers, but I just want to know some specific personal experiences.

Also, I'm thinking along the lines of Never Summer and I have checked some Arbor stuff, so those two would be great, but anything else is also appreciated.

Thanks and peace...
Music Moves is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2009, 02:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

A GNU Rider's Choice MTX or CHB MTX with/without BTX would make good icy cruiser choices
redlude97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 03:01 PM   #3 (permalink)

Rome Anthem.. stable, great edge hold and very responsive.
paul07ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 03:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Bataleon Enemy is amazing, turn initation is almost non existant, you even think turn and this board does it on groomers and deep pow. the setback stance keeps the nose up in pow, its nice and stiff so its stable at speeds, its got a super fast sintered base. I love mine, Im gonna use it for boardercross races this weekend
Old 02-25-2009, 04:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I've been thinking about getting a MTX board... can't believe I haven't yet tbh. I know about them on hard pack, but does anyone know how the traction changes riding in powder?

And I've heard great things about Bataleon... gonna try to demo one of those as well.

Also heard good things about Rome boards and have tried a couple of the freestyle boards.

Thanks for the suggestions so far
Old 02-25-2009, 05:20 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlude97 View Post
A GNU Rider's Choice MTX or CHB MTX with/without BTX would make good icy cruiser choices
I love my 09 riders choice MTX board! I can cut through anything with it
VenomousSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 05:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Moves View Post
I've been thinking about getting a MTX board... can't believe I haven't yet tbh. I know about them on hard pack, but does anyone know how the traction changes riding in powder?

And I've heard great things about Bataleon... gonna try to demo one of those as well.

Also heard good things about Rome boards and have tried a couple of the freestyle boards.

Thanks for the suggestions so far
In powder you won't even noticed the MTX. In powder you can have completely rounded edges and still ride fine. I've been in up to 8" of powder with my GNU RC MTX without any issues.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlude97 View Post
In powder you won't even noticed the MTX. In powder you can have completely rounded edges and still ride fine. I've been in up to 8" of powder with my GNU RC MTX without any issues.
My logical train of thought as it relates to physics led me to assume that, but I still wanted someone with experience to confirm it, so, sweet!

What up venomous?!
Old 02-25-2009, 06:59 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Moves View Post
My logical train of thought as it relates to physics led me to assume that, but I still wanted someone with experience to confirm it, so, sweet!

What up venomous?!
just planning the next time I can hit the slopes!

I will say this for the MTX.... to me it may seem just a tad grabby on the groomed slopes, but I personally like a grabby board. On ice it is an animal. Those icy spots at sugar right after the top slope and the 2nd from the top join were nothing to carve through on an MTX board... we were riding the lift and seeing people come off those choppy sections and hit that ice and wash out almost every time. We were able to come over the hill running all out and never think anything about it!

FWIW.... I am most likely gonna be on sugar next friday till 4:30. Me and a snowbunny friend of mine are talking about going down either thurs night or fri EARLY and hitting the sloped then coming back afterwards. I also want to go early in the week myself if I can, possibly early monday morn and do the twilight. Eat luch while they are closed then riding 6-10 and coming back home. You free monday night or friday?
VenomousSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 08:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

If you find MTX to be too grabby, then you need to do some detuning and/or base beveling. That is the beauty of MTX. Even detuned it will grab onto ice well