Buying my first set of boots - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2009, 02:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
emasctere

Talking Buying my first set of boots

Hello everyone,

I went boarding in Tahoe for the 1st time in two years last weekend and loved it! I use to go up 1-2x a year but didn't go for the past two years. I've made the commitment to go up a few times a year now and decided to start buying my own equipment. Since I'm new to the scene, I was hoping for some boot recommendations from the enthusiasts on this board. The ones I'm currently looking at are:

K2 Raider Boa ($115) - boot felt fairly comfortable and the boa system is pretty easy to tighten down. I have heard that it loosens up during the day tho.

32 Ultralight ($160) - heard this is a superlight boot that feels like a regular shoe. I guess that's nice but I don't see that as being a factor since ur foot are strapped in most of the day

Salomon Synapse ($150) - I thought this boot was really comfortable when I tried it on. Seems to be constructed pretty well too.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2009, 02:43 PM   #2 (permalink)

I think boots one of the items that it is good to go to the store and try them on and see what feels best. I know I didn't take my advice as I just randomly ordered some boots online the other day but my previous pair of 32s were so comfy i figured some new ones would be too.
mbesp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 02:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
emasctere

That's what I've heard too. All three of these boots I've tried on in the store nearby. I'm hoping to get some feedback from those of u that have owned one or more of these boots.

Thanks!
Old 02-25-2009, 03:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Mpagano9

I haven't owned any of the three pairs listed in your original post, but I don't think anyone's feedback here would lend itself to your decision.

You really should try on some boots, decide if you are picky about certain features (lacing systems) and make sure you get the boot for the type of binding you want (straps, clicks, etc). If you liked the third pair you listed and they felt very comfortable after walking around for a 10 or 15 minutes in them, then I would go with those boots.

Aside from the manufacturer making faulty products, any feedback we could give you would be about how we felt the boot fit our foot.

I would also save yourself some money and google the boot you decide on and buy it online. I saved 95 bucks on my boot by googling the lowest price. I had tried that model/size on in a store so I was confident it would fit well.

With that being said, my Ride Deuces are the best boot I've ever ridden in.