Bindings questions... - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2009, 02:12 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Bindings questions...

Okay, I've got a few questions here:
First I have some old crappy gear that I'm planning to replace, but I had a problem with the stuff I was using. It seems that I have too much pressure on my feet typically because before I finish the first run, the arches of my feet are usually killing me. I've found that loosening the straps of the bindings help relieve this, but it's not really practical for going down the mountain. Is this more likely to be the result of crappy bindings, or poor-fitting boots?

Also, I'm planning to get new bindings either way, so i wanted to get some input on what to look for. What do you guys recommend?
Fold is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2009, 02:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Mpagano9

As far as bindings go, it depends on your riding style. If you spend more time in the park I would recommend a softer binding and vice-versa for freeriding. I always recommend Ride LX or RX bindings. They're very well constructed and perform fine for either aspect of riding if you don't focus on one.

The issue with the aching feet could have a number of causes in any combination. It could be the boot. Heat-molding the boot to the foot can help alleviate problems related to arched or flat feet being shaped differently than the boot. New boots would also alleviate this if they are a better fit.

Strapping in too tightly further compacts the boot around the foot which in turn contricts blood-flow through the entire foot. This causes swelling and heating and provides that aching sensation you describe.

Muscle fatigue and form is usually the largest component to this problem. Many people put too much force out through the very end of their toes rather and using the larger parts of the leg to push the force out through the boot. Try relaxing the smaller muscles in your feet and using your shins and thighs to shift your weight and the board as you ride. This often happens when people are riding along a slow or flat area and need to stay up on that edge without much speed to help with balance.

Play around with all these things to figure out what is most aggravating the condition.
Old 02-25-2009, 02:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
13rian

the boots.. wen llokin for boots , nver go for the less comfrdble one jsut cz its cheaper, id allways go for on around de 150$ and up, same goes for bindings, any binding around 180 and up will most of the time be quality.. thers loads of sales on(sierra, dogfunk, backcountry) u can get quality stuff for almost nothing.

im not sayin everything which cost less is crap, bt when buyin is this price catagory u can be pretty sure uv gt good stuff..

Last edited by 13rian; 02-25-2009 at 02:32 PM.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:02 PM   #4 (permalink)

Cool. I think I'm gonig to go for the Ride LX. I've seen some good deals on those online.
Fold is offline   Reply With Quote