Rossignol - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2007, 11:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
Deathquake

Question Rossignol

Well I am going to buy a new board this year. I went snowboarding around five times last year with rentals. I Loved it but I'm still a beginner.

6'2" 180 lbs. size 12 shoe.

I don't want to spend over $250 on a board and I'm liking the Rossignol boards for their prices. Anyone have any experience with them? So far I narrowed it down to two for my first board.

Lowest Price on Rossignol District + 161cm Snowboard Snowboards Snowboarding Gear Equipment
or
Save up to 50% on Rossignol Circuit Plus 161cm Snowboard Snowboards Snowboarding Gear Equipment

However I noticed with the circuit the spec like waist and sidecut did not change with the different lengths. This must be an error?

This Salomon board also caught my eye but am cautious because of the waist width with my foot size or will that width not really be a factor?

Lowest Price on Salomon Pulse 160cm Snowboard Snowboards Snowboarding Gear Equipment

Anyways opinions please, thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2007, 12:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Kieran

ive used 2 rossignol boards before,

one seemed ok and the other was just like a plank of wood...
Old 10-20-2007, 12:16 PM   #3 (permalink)

Yeah...Rossi is ok. They're quality MADE boards, but the feel is...eh. As for foot size, get your boots first. There is a possibility that you might not need a wide board.
boarderaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 02:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

rossi's are made well and are overall decent. my bud has one and says he likes it a lot.
Old 10-20-2007, 03:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Deathquake

Quote:
Originally Posted by boarderaholic
Yeah...Rossi is ok. They're quality MADE boards, but the feel is...eh. As for foot size, get your boots first. There is a possibility that you might not need a wide board.
I just got done trying on boots at a local snowboarding shop and I was trying on 12's. They mainly had Burton's and Rome's but when trying on the 12's they all felt a bit too small. My toe was just touching the tip. Then I was told that's generally how you want your boots to fit. The new Burton Freestyle boot in a 12 felt the best and I actually might get those because it felt so good.

Burton Freestyle Snowboard Boot - Men's - Free Shipping! from Dogfunk.com

So would a boot like that warrant me into getting a wider board or would I be okay with a board with a 25+ cm waist. I hope so because there are a lot more option in the non wide boards
Old 10-20-2007, 03:42 PM   #6 (permalink)

You're going to need a wide board then. Heel/toe drag sucks like it's nobody's business.
boarderaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 03:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
Deathquake

What would you recommend as a minimum waist then? 25.5 cm or higher?
Old 10-20-2007, 04:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
st.stark

Hm...well you would need a wide board no doubt (a midwide won't do) but what waist min. you'll need varies... How do you put your bindings? I know you are more of a beginner but will you duck them out? If so you can sacrifice about 1/2 a cm. if you NEED to. How long are you boots in cm? Just make sure the measurements line up well with your board cause heel or toe drag really sucks...
Old 10-20-2007, 11:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
Deathquake

Well I actually narrowed it down to either the two Rossignol boards listed earlier. They are both have a 26+ cm waist at least. I imagine that is considered wide, I haven't seen much 26+.

However I recently found a good deal on a 2007 Atomic Triarc snowboard. I would go for the 159 since I will be snowboarding in the Ohio/New York areas and it has a 26 cm waist too.

I haven't heard much of Atomic... anything bad about their boards I should know? Or would it be a good first board for me. I found a great deal on it I don't think I can pass up.

You guys have been very helpful so far and I really appreciate it!

Last edited by Deathquake; 10-21-2007 at 12:03 AM.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
Miljar18

I've been riding a Rossi Circuit for about a year. When comparing it to a rental you'll love it, but if you progress fast you'll want something quite a bit better. When you get up to high speeds the board chatters a lot, and it's really soft (which is cool if you are going to be attempting a lot of park runs, but not so much if you're more of a freerider). Depending on how much you're spending on rentals you might want to wait a while, and buy a better board once you progress to more of an intermediate rider. Just my two cents.