2014 lib box scratcher - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2014, 11:30 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2014 lib box scratcher

just ordered a box scratcher 157 on a whim and now i'm wondering if i got it too long...i've been riding a 157 lib trs for the past few years and so i figured i'd get the same size in the box scratcher but then i saw someone say that you can/should ride the box scratcher shorter then you would other boards. should i have gotten a 154 perhaps?

i'm just over 6'0" and weigh about 165. the whole reason i order the scratcher is i want to get better at presses, buttering, etc. but it's kind of hard for me to bend my trs enough to really press it. i don't know if it's just because i'm not strong enough or if i need a more flexible board or if maybe i'm just riding too long of a board...

thoughts?
pojama_people is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2014, 11:35 PM   #2 (permalink)

also is anyone riding capita ultrafear or salomon villain? those were the other two i was looking at. went with the lib more because of price than anything else but those boards look pretty dope too
Old 04-16-2014, 02:01 AM   #3 (permalink)

I have a 2013 Box Scratcher 151, and its by far my favorite board that I currently have. Very soft and forgiving, playful and fun for sure.... I am 5'9" and about 160 lbs and wouldnt want a bigger one. They are fairly wide so from what I've been told you can downsize a bit with that board. Have fun don't over think it just ride the shit out of it.
Northriver1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 02:31 AM   #4 (permalink)

I think you should read this How to Choose Your Snowboard Size | Whitelines Snowboarding andhttp://www.rei.com/learn/expert-advice/snowboard.html maybe those link could help you.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:45 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northriver1 View Post
I have a 2013 Box Scratcher 151, and its by far my favorite board that I currently have. Very soft and forgiving, playful and fun for sure.... I am 5'9" and about 160 lbs and wouldnt want a bigger one. They are fairly wide so from what I've been told you can downsize a bit with that board. Have fun don't over think it just ride the shit out of it.
you're definitely making me excited to get it but if you only weigh a little bit less than me and you're rocking the 151 that is making me feel like maybe i should have gotten the 154. do you ride it only in the park or all over? why would you not want a longer one? is it tougher to press a longer board or just more because of weight & maneuverability?
Old 04-16-2014, 09:12 AM   #6 (permalink)

just get 151 if it is not too narrow for you foot.

I am 175lb, and I did consider 151 for my jib board haha
ttccnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 11:32 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttccnn View Post
just get 151 if it is not too narrow for you foot.

I am 175lb, and I did consider 151 for my jib board haha
You don't think I'd have to worry about it washing out or being difficult to ride on other parts of the mountain if I got a 151?

I mean, yeah primarily I'd be in the park with it but it is billed as a board that you can mess around with all over the mountain. I'd want to hit some small to medium size kickers and maybe hit some natural features around the mountain. Knowing that, you still think I'd be good with a 151? I guess I've just never even considered going that short but I wanna get whatever makes the most sense obviously
Old 04-16-2014, 03:01 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pojama_people View Post
you're definitely making me excited to get it but if you only weigh a little bit less than me and you're rocking the 151 that is making me feel like maybe i should have gotten the 154. do you ride it only in the park or all over? why would you not want a longer one? is it tougher to press a longer board or just more because of weight & maneuverability?
The 154 probably wouldve been a good choice for you but its personal preference I guess. The reason I got mine in the 151 size is because I wanted a super playful fun board a bit smaller than other ones I have. The reason I didn't get the 154 is because I have a 153 Gnu CC which is also a fun board and I use a 157 Lib JL for my all mountain board. I think you will like the Box scratcher though
Old 04-17-2014, 11:28 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northriver1 View Post
The 154 probably wouldve been a good choice for you but its personal preference I guess. The reason I got mine in the 151 size is because I wanted a super playful fun board a bit smaller than other ones I have. The reason I didn't get the 154 is because I have a 153 Gnu CC which is also a fun board and I use a 157 Lib JL for my all mountain board. I think you will like the Box scratcher though
well i haven't even gotten it yet so i am going to send it back. no point in having a board the wrong size. at this point, i'm just debating on whether to exchange it for a 154 or a 151...

being tall & skinny i think it's harder for me to press a longer board so i want to get the size right...
Old 04-17-2014, 02:24 PM   #10 (permalink)

If you can send it back and get a different size I think the 154 would be good for you. The 151 may be a bit short but again it comes down to what your preference is.... imo its a great board the only thing I don't like about mine is the graphics. Good luck and let us know what you think of it after you get some time on it.