Thinking of getting a GNU - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2009, 07:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Moskau

Default Thinking of getting a GNU

Hey guys I just joined but been here a few times just cruisin around reading.

Anyways as of right now I have a '05 Burton Air with Burton Bindings...with Burton boots, but I am thinking about getting out of the Burton side of things and go with a GNU Design or any of GNU's higher end slope/park boards. I'll keep my bindings and everything I just want a new board.

Now the only thing is I wasn't into jumps or rails or any of that until just this year when I started hitting stuff and I am surprisingly really good...I guess if you think of it pretty much everyday it gets drilled into your mind or something like that. But yeah I'm starting to ride the park more I have had the board for 3 years and it's in pretty good condish so I might just sell it and put the money into the new one.

So do you think I should go get the GNU? Does anyone have any suggestions? Also I live in BC and some guy mentioned prior snowboards, since they're Canadian they must be pretty good right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2009, 08:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

For a good starter park board look at the CAPiTA Stairmaster, K2 Darkstar, Ride DH, Bataleon Evil Twin, Stepchild Powder Sucks. All thems are pretty equal on jibs and jumps.

As far as Prior, yea its cool to support local companies, but if it was my money I would want to spen it on a company that I KNOW makes good products. I wouldn't want to do a "lets buy and see how well it does and whether or not I hate it and if it has any durability," only to find out it sucks and delams in a month.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 08:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Patrickadizzle

I own a GNU 2009 CHB

Excellent board, haven't had any problems with it. Although my opinion doesn't mean much because it's my first really nice board (had a crappy k2 before, like really bad), I have not had a single problem with it. Great flex, MTX is great for an east coaster such as my self, I haven't ever had a slipped edge. I had a good powder day last sunday at stratton and I was amazed, it just floated and was a dream to ride with. Solid board from my opinion. I can go from doing 3's and easy board slides on boxes/rails in the park to charging some pretty fast trails.

Hell I even tried it on moguls, powdery moguls, and had a really fun time popping off them then proceeding to eat shit hahahah.

Last edited by Patrickadizzle; 02-25-2009 at 08:10 PM.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

As much as Gnu tries to make it out to be, the CHB is not really a park board. Those that have ridden it and some of the other time tested good park boards will tell you its just to stiff. This can also be learned with the old push test. Go push one of those then a Jibpan (one of the best park boards ever) and you'll know what I'm talking about. As far as an all-mountain board the CHB is decent, but not really as a park board.

You want a medium flex board for learning park. You don't know if you're a jump or rail jock yet. If you get a jump board like a CAPiTA FCG then you'll sacrifice jib ablility. If you get a rail board like a WWW or an Artifact, you'll sacrifice jump stability. That is why I recommended those previously mentioned boards. They are all both very capable at both and each one has a board in its line that is either more jumpy or more jibby.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 01:36 AM   #5 (permalink)

i rode a chb last year, it's pretty stiff
good board, but i definitely wouldn't recommended it for a park board
sizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 10:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
Zee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Don't get a Prior. I have an MFR, there are much better boards out there for less money.
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 10:45 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
As much as Gnu tries to make it out to be, the CHB is not really a park board. Those that have ridden it and some of the other time tested good park boards will tell you its just to stiff. This can also be learned with the old push test. Go push one of those then a Jibpan (one of the best park boards ever) and you'll know what I'm talking about. As far as an all-mountain board the CHB is decent, but not really as a park board.

You want a medium flex board for learning park. You don't know if you're a jump or rail jock yet. If you get a jump board like a CAPiTA FCG then you'll sacrifice jib ablility. If you get a rail board like a WWW or an Artifact, you'll sacrifice jump stability. That is why I recommended those previously mentioned boards. They are all both very capable at both and each one has a board in its line that is either more jumpy or more jibby.

everything he said is x102930 right.

i would get the capita stair/scaremaster or the bataleon ET
Burton [ak] 2l Cyclic Jacket
Holden Northfield 3L pants
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote