Snowboarding clothing tahoe area - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2009, 10:18 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Snowboarding clothing tahoe area

Aloha from Hawaii

I am taking wife and the kids to a snowboarding trip to North Lake Tahoe over spring break. My son is bringing 2 friends who have no winter clothes.

We'll be driving from San Francisco and were hoping somebody can recomend some places where we might be able to find cheap 2nd hand stuff. We'll be there for 1 week.

Thanks for all your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2009, 06:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
cky4skater

your best bet for 2nd hand stuff would be a thrift store really i mean if u dont want to buy them new stuff..google thrift stores around the SF bay area
Old 02-27-2009, 01:18 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks. Looks like there is a good selection in SF.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
junkie28

Welcome to SF and Tahoe. Good store in around Tahoe is Porters Tahoe, stuff would be on sale at this time, and they price match, maybe try looking ahead of time, get the website, ask them if they have it at the store around where you're going, if they will price match it.

Second thrift store search. Burlingame Coat Factory in SF. Craigslist SF Bay Area if you don't mind going around.

Some resorts may also rent out soft goods.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:12 AM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks. We arrive in SF early in the morning and we'll try to hit a couple of stores before heading to Tahoe. Looks like there is a Burlington Coat Factory on the way. Googling I found Out of the Closet Thrift Stores, which is also on the way and appear to be a good option

Being from Hawaii, we don't get to hit the mountains as often as we want. This is the 2nd year in a row we go snowboarding over spring break (we went to Whistler last year). Kids grow so fast is not worth spending too much $$ on clothing. I like the idea of recycling 2nd hand stuff and passing it down when they outgrow it.

Last time we were in tahoe was in 02. We had a blast and got lots of snow. We are very excited.

Mahalo for all the help.