Helmets??? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2009, 12:10 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Helmets???

ok so im starting to get into the freestyle/park part of snowboarding. my biggest concern are the rails. they look slippery and hard haha. I was wondering if getting a helmet would me a good idea? well im guessing it is do u where one when u ride rails/park? Which brand is a good brand for a helmet? thanks.
sgauto08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2009, 12:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
desklamp

I'd get wristguards too and maybe tailbone protection. As for helmets, go into a store to size it imo.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:19 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by desklamp View Post
I'd get wristguards too and maybe tailbone protection. As for helmets, go into a store to size it imo.
where do u buy tailbone protection? same place u buy helmets?
Old 02-26-2009, 12:35 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

my red trace was really comfy but i broke 2 of em within a month and i dont suck that bad lol. im gettin the smith holt now.
Burton [ak] 2l Cyclic Jacket
Holden Northfield 3L pants
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 12:50 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmacphee9 View Post
my red trace was really comfy but i broke 2 of em within a month and i dont suck that bad lol. im gettin the smith holt now.
r u sayin don't buy the trace im just wondering bc i just found one for 25 bucks. am i getting what i pay for or should i buy something more expensive for better quality? like the RED Hi-Fi?
Old 02-26-2009, 06:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
cky4skater

helmets ususally break because they did their job correctly in protecting your dope piece. take it from me wear a helmet. i hit a down-up-down rail and as i hit the first kink doin a frontside boardslide my adge grabbed and i flew head first into the up part of the rail...a nice sized knot on my forehead and a little dazed but i was alright. still i was NOT wearing a helmet and i still dont..u can call me stupid or hard headed or watever but i just cant ever seem to find one that fits good or is comfortable so untill then...
Old 02-26-2009, 06:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgauto08 View Post
r u sayin don't buy the trace im just wondering bc i just found one for 25 bucks. am i getting what i pay for or should i buy something more expensive for better quality? like the RED Hi-Fi?
i felt like there was a weak spot in the helmet where the removable goggle clip clicks in. one of the falls was bad so i figured it was just the fall, the other one was definetly not worthy of a cracked helmet, they both cracked in the same spot. they do there job though! my head was fine both times..
Burton [ak] 2l Cyclic Jacket
Holden Northfield 3L pants
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 06:10 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cky4skater View Post
helmets ususally break because they did their job correctly in protecting your dope piece. take it from me wear a helmet. i hit a down-up-down rail and as i hit the first kink doin a frontside boardslide my adge grabbed and i flew head first into the up part of the rail...a nice sized knot on my forehead and a little dazed but i was alright. still i was NOT wearing a helmet and i still dont..u can call me stupid or hard headed or watever but i just cant ever seem to find one that fits good or is comfortable so untill then...
See I know you have your preference to not wear a helmet, but props to you for promoting it anyways.
UncleRico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 07:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
CapitaBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmacphee9 View Post
Damn son, you are my hero. 2 dingers off the dome in a month!! Better be carful out there whatever helmet you get.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:25 PM   #10 (permalink)

Yeah, helmets are a great idea, especially when u start riding more park. I wear mine not only in the park but all around because it's the best when u catch an edge. I would defenitly recommend RED, they make quality helmets that aren't to fancy.
Technine Icon is offline   Reply With Quote