Opinions and help on my set-up please - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2007, 10:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
ohmai

Default Opinions and help on my set-up please

Hi, new forum member here!

I've been snowboarding for only a year, but I've gotten quite decent at it so I figured I'd buy myself some new equipment since I've been saving up money recently. Some information about me in case you needed it to help me rate/ give opinions on my equipment. I'm 110lbs @ 5ft 2inches. 18 years old, and I'm pretty sure I've stopped growing [vertically (= ] as I haven't grown an inch in about 3-4 years. I don't specifically know what style of boarding I am... but I love just riding/carving, and I do a bit of jumps off of snow ramps and some park stuff (box and rails).
I previously used a 140 SMX Furious snowboard, do you think a size difference of 2cm will be noticable when riding a new board?.

So the equipment I got recently include:

2008 Option Vega snowboard - 138
* I figured the smaller size was better for me than the larger one.. which was 142 because it'll be easier to maneouver. What do you guys think?

2008 Rome Strut bindings - I bought these kind of on impulse. My friend has been advising me to get toe capped bindings, saying how they are a lot more comfy and better for boarding. Even though the Strut's are a universal binding (works both ways [strap over toe and strap around toe], I don't think it'd be the same as a binding made specifically for the toe strap function). So I've been thinking of exchanging these for Burton Escapades. What are your opinions on what I should do?

And as for boots... I haven't purchased one yet, but I am a little bit interested in the Forum Aura snowboard boots with the Boa lacing system. The boot fits very comfortably, and I somewhat like the boa lacing system because it tightens up the boots real nice, but I'm a bit weary on how durable that is. Could you guys either rate those boots or suggest me some other boots/equipment?

Price is not too much of an issue for me, but of course I still have things to learn so I probably wouldn't be buying the BEST stuff out there. Some help would be great =)

Last edited by ohmai; 10-20-2007 at 10:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2007, 08:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
ohmai

Nobody wants to help?
Old 10-21-2007, 09:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
st.stark

Hey. I think that the board size is alright. I wouldn't return the Romes if I were you. Rome is a great brand when it comes to bindings, and just because they can be both toe straps and regular straps doesn't mean that they are worse!!! Lastly, if at all possible go with a double boa lacing system. Hope this helps!
Old 10-21-2007, 09:18 PM   #4 (permalink)

Just make sure you find boots that fit, and you'll be fine.
boarderaholic is offline   Reply With Quote