Equipment Advice for Newbie - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2009, 08:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
murphboard79

Default Equipment Advice for Newbie

hey guys,
i know this forum gets inundated with advice for newbies, so I apologize ahead of time for adding to that mix

I'm pretty much a female newbie, gone riding 3-4 times, and things really started to "click" for me last time, and now I'm hooked. I'm looking for a decent used board that will see me through a few seasons, and I can't spend more than $200.

I found someone who is selling an 06 Burton Feather with bindings and boots for $200 (but is negotiable for a quick sale.) I know there are mixed reviews on burton boards and their quality, but i've been having a hard time finding a used board in my size range (144-147) that is under 200 or hasn't been beaten on the slopes. I have also heard some good things about the Feather..

SO my question to you is- do you think this is a good deal? Boots are most likely Burton's as well, not sure though.

Thanks much!
murph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2009, 08:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
kMc

are you trying to get the board, boots and bindings all for under $200, or just a board for under $200?
kMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:48 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

its an ok deal, not an insanely crazy one but it will work for your first board..200$ is pretty low, but then again i bought my first setup off a buddy for 100 and it worked for one season but i quickly progressed through it. you probably wouldnt outgrow the board for a few seasons though because i think the feather is a pretty good girl board.
Burton [ak] 2l Cyclic Jacket
Holden Northfield 3L pants
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:50 AM   #4 (permalink)
Gepidae

From the many advice that I've seen and constant searching I've done (I just recently bought a board), you might be better off saving up some more money and then making a better purchase. There are sales galore during this time of the month so just keep your eyes peeled. I got my binding and board for $220. As is said on one of the sticky threads, "dont cheap out on the boots," if indeed you plan to spend 200 on ALL of it (which is quite hard, imo).
Old 02-26-2009, 08:52 AM   #5 (permalink)
murphboard79

she's selling the board, bindings and boots for $200. says she only rode them on the bunny slope and then sort of gave up. i've seen other burton feather 06's for around $150 for board and bindings... just want to make sure i wouldn't be overpaying for what i'm getting. my backup plan is to just use a friend's hand me downs, but her board is over 10 yo..
Old 02-26-2009, 08:54 AM   #6 (permalink)
murphboard79

thanks gepidae! i'll def keep my eyes on the sales. i really want to get soemthing before next season b/c i plan on going a lot more, and then rental fees add up!
Old 02-26-2009, 08:57 AM   #7 (permalink)
kMc

i grew out of the burton feather i was using very quickly, as did my friend julie. i would save up for something better.
kMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:58 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

i would see if you could get it for 150 with everything..that would be a good deal probably, it seems like the set up would be fine for you.

or check out sierrasnowboard.com
Burton [ak] 2l Cyclic Jacket
Holden Northfield 3L pants
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 09:00 AM   #9 (permalink)
murphboard79

i'll try to talk her down. i want to find out what brand the boots are too. i'll check out sierrasnowboard.com as well. thanks, this is a great forum!
Old 02-26-2009, 10:23 AM   #10 (permalink)
Gepidae

I would check out brociety.com, they have some pretty good deals if you are patient