Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Flat camber suggestions (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/139018-flat-camber-suggestions.html)

Beatlesfan888 04-23-2014 02:43 PM

Flat camber suggestions

Hey whats up everyone,
I was hoping to get opinions on a board for next season. I rode an Arbor Westmark this year which is super sweet stick but it just isnt durable enough and cant hold up on rails so I ended up back on the old Skate Banana. Im looking to get a flat cambered board this summer and was hoping someone out there had some input. I want something that's not a noodle and will hold up on bigger jumps better than the Nanner but will still be a softer park/jib oriented deck. I want something nice and poppy but i'm big into rails and bumpy tree riding so not too stiff, also i ride the ice coast so edge hold is a big ++

I've been looking at the Solomon Salomonder and the Signal Disruptor (flat) both in 154cm. Anyone ever ridden these boards? these are just the first ive really looked into i'm wide open to suggestions...

snowman55 04-23-2014 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beatlesfan888 (Post 1693858)
Hey whats up everyone,
I was hoping to get opinions on a board for next season. I rode an Arbor Westmark this year which is super sweet stick but it just isnt durable enough and cant hold up on rails so I ended up back on the old Skate Banana. Im looking to get a flat cambered board this summer and was hoping someone out there had some input. I want something that's not a noodle and will hold up on bigger jumps better than the Nanner but will still be a softer park/jib oriented deck. I want something nice and poppy but i'm big into rails and bumpy tree riding so not too stiff, also i ride the ice coast so edge hold is a big ++

I've been looking at the Solomon Salomonder and the Signal Disruptor (flat) both in 154cm. Anyone ever ridden these boards? these are just the first ive really looked into i'm wide open to suggestions...

Rome Postermania. It's flat from 2" past the inserts and little rocker at the tips. Soft enough for jibbing yet stiff enough for bigger jumps. Has the quick rip tech which gives you two more contact points. Not as good as Mag but better than nothing.

Mizu Kuma 04-23-2014 03:23 PM

Stepchild JP Walker!!!!!

td.1000 04-23-2014 05:11 PM

don't get a Nitro Haze, it's a noodle. it is also awesome and I love it.

Pkinsp 05-01-2014 12:25 AM

Salomon Sabotage. It's hybrid camber, but flat in between the feet. It's an awesome board! Flexy but still pretty stable on the groomers.

francium 05-01-2014 01:05 AM

Have a look at the capita outdoor living.

davidj 05-01-2014 06:25 AM

Check out the Nitro Pyro. Flat all the way to the tips. The edges look indestructible. Check the stiffness and pop for park use, decide for yourself. Stable enough to take all over the mountain too.

Nivek 05-02-2014 12:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The best blend of jibness and stability I've ever been on in a flat profile was the Slash Happy Place. Im vaguely considering buying one next year.

The Signal is a super fun board but its a radial sidecut so not a ton of grip. Pyro is devent but more or less an asym Swindle. Salomonder is a great jub deck but even though its not flat you'd be better off on the Villain for what you're looking for. And Capitas are always fun decks but have never been the most durable.

readimag 05-02-2014 12:38 PM

Echelon Orion is also a good option

ItchEtrigR 05-02-2014 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nivek (Post 1704601)
The best blend of jibness and stability I've ever been on in a flat profile was the Slash Happy Place. Im vaguely considering buying one next year.

I thought the Happy Place was cam rock...