Burton Board 3 Screw Set Up?? - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2009, 01:27 AM   #11 (permalink)

Oh alright thnks for the heads up

As for 3 hole, I haven't ridden with four so its hard for me to compare but it deffinitly feels like 3 hole doesn't "hold me down" as well, adds an extra flex factor to the binding it feels like.

Part of the baseplate lifts when I press. I kinda don't like that

-Is it feasible to drill my own holes into the board? Just two extra on each side (would give me a lil wider stance too)
Enigmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2009, 02:27 AM   #12 (permalink)
zackoz

it would hold exactly the same, 4 holes or 3 holes, i mean as far as engineering goes, there isnt any logic, its a circle, pressure points, and stressing for 3 - to 4 holes in that small area would be no different.

I ride BBurton, and love my setup. however it is a marketing miracle.

If your baseplate is lifting, tighten the screws or replace the plate because the plastic is dodgy.
Old 03-04-2009, 04:17 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenic0 View Post
That would be the stupidest reason ever. I have never heard of someone anywhere saying, you know what..if only i had 1 less bolt hole my board wouldnt suck so bad.

As others said its because they can make money. 3 holes means people that dont no better, or shady salesmen make people think they need Burton bindings that come with 3 holes, and that only burton boots fit into burton bindings properly...

Next thing you know they are selling them 400 dollar Burton Goretex jackets(not to say i dont like Goretex, i own a Mtn hardware Goretex jacket) and 200 dollar pants and whala your now a gaper for the low low price of 1500 dollars.

As for conversion plates, email or phone your binding manufacturer most will send them too you free.
It's an engineering point of view, dipshiit.
stevetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 01:47 PM   #14 (permalink)
zackoz

i honestly believ burton put great thought into it. i mean they have been able to make a new stand out system that makes burton bindings more appealing to a burton board buyer. without compromising the integrity of there companies board quality.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:05 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackoz View Post
i honestly believ burton put great thought into it. i mean they have been able to make a new stand out system that makes burton bindings more appealing to a burton board buyer. without compromising the integrity of there companies board quality.
Holy crap someone defending burton! call the forum police, get him I out of here!
I kid, I kid..

I always just thought of it as a marketing ploy in an attempt to sell more burton bindings to people that don't know that you can get plates from basically any binding company for the bindings. But the engineering standpoint makes sense.
I don't see it as being negative in any way though.
BigC_ 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:09 PM   #16 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Burton's patented 3-hole system is intended to lock people into Burton bindings.

Anyone that released their own 3-hole disc was/should have been sued for patent infringement by Burton.

Of course, the other manufacturers had a brilliant idea: 2-slot universal discs! (of course, Burton was pissed)

Now, guess whose patent is expired/expiring?

Oh look, Burton just came up with a new proprietary mounting system!

GOD IS DONUT

Last edited by legallyillegal; 03-04-2009 at 02:14 PM.
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote