Any decent cheaper bindings? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2007, 10:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
unit11

Default Any decent cheaper bindings?

As I've posted, I'm interested in getting equipment this season, and have an idea of what I want (going to check out my local shop today, they are having a sale). I've looked up models, gotten your recommendations, and found reviews for boards. I know to find the best fitting/most comfortable boot for my feet.

However, I'm lost as to what to look for in bindings. Can I get by with a cheaper/lower end binding ($125ish or less)? I'd like to get decent gear to last a couple seasons, but I don't have as big of a budget as I thought I would for the gear. Can I scrape a little off here, or should I wait until next end of this season to get higher quality when I have more cash and there are sales?

For reference, I'm looking to spend $150ish on boots, $300ish on board, and $100-125ish on bindings for intermediate level gear. Don't need super high end, because I'm a little casual in my style, but I need something better than beginner so that I can actually get better. Been riding for 5 years on rentals, though didn't get out last two seasons much. Ride with an all-mountain approach, free riding on everything I can find and taking little natural jumps for kicks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2007, 12:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

check peterglenn.com they have bindings under 100$ burton,forum,nitro,k2,ride + more
Old 10-21-2007, 02:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
BoardTard Xtrordinair

When it comes to cheap bindings I can only reccomend AGAINST one company. I bought a pair of agency bindings for my first board a few years ago. I broke the upper strap on my 4th trip up and bought a pair of ride SPI bindings, still use them 3 or more times a week during the season and don't see me needing any new bindings for a while. My second board has a pair of SP Metalizer bindings which I like but the straps are also a little weak on those, the ratchet chews them up pretty bad.

Get rides, even cheap ones. It will be worth your money.
Mr. Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 02:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
BoardTard Xtrordinair

Cough up a little more money and get these.
Save up to 50% on Ride Delta Movement Snowboard Bindings Black - Mens Snowboards Binding Snowboarding Gear Equipment

Even the EX version would be fine for you.

Save up to 50% on Ride EX Snowboard Bindings Black - Mens Snowboards Binding Snowboarding Gear Equipment
Mr. Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 05:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
st.stark

Actually the 390s from last year are $150 at boardersmall.com. I also must give credit to massman for finding that deal...I am just gonna pass it on.
Old 10-21-2007, 05:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
st.stark

http://boardersmall.com/xcart/produc...cat=554&page=1 There's the link btw...
Old 10-22-2007, 09:18 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

You can find very good bindings for relatively inexpensive. I recomend the Ride EX or LX's for free riding. They're not that much different from the SPi's or Delta's but they're much cheaper. Only negative with them is they are a slimmer binding so not every boot fits right in the Rides. I've had issues with Burton boots in them but I did fit 32 305's in my SPi's which are some big wide boots... Drake makes some decent lower end bindings as most of their stuff share equipment and baseplates and the Rome 390's are excellent from what I understand.
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 09:19 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Right
My second board has a pair of SP Metalizer bindings which I like but the straps are also a little weak on those, the ratchet chews them up pretty bad.
I was looking at the Destroid's when I bought my SPi's and that was one of the things that concerned me. Overall though how do you like the metalizer's?
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote